A/C blower stays on!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C blower stays on!?

My ac blower stays on after i turn the car off, i have to disconnect the power wire to shut it off every time , and i know the problem isnt the blower motor itself... anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried to let it run and see if it turns off on its own. GM does have an "after blow kit' it runs the fan for a timed period after shut down to dry the evaporater and case.. This was brought about to help with complaints of A/C odor. I don't believe it would run for more than five minutes.
    You should be able to tell when looking at the blower resistor it will have an extra wire to the hight speed that runs back to a timer relay.

If it doesn't shut down after 5 mins than you have a short to power in the blower circuit. Check the switch to see if power is present with key off. If not it is somewhere between switch and fan. If it is it is between source voltage and switch..
    Last edited by Highbars; 06-20-2010, 01:03 PM. Reason: added some

Comment

yeah it stays on more than 5 mins. i think the easiest thing to do is just cut the power wire and run a toggle switch inside.

Comment

That will work too.

Comment

yup, that took care of it

Comment

Originally posted by v8nightmare View Post
            My ac blower stays on after i turn the car off, i have to disconnect the power wire to shut it off every time , and i know the problem isnt the blower motor itself... anyone have any suggestions?
            90's model??? Could be the Blower Control Module (near the firewall, passenger side, right on top, purple wire going to it). Very common problem with the 90, 91, 92 models. Wife's went out on the 90 Eureka.

Comment

Originally posted by dead ed View Post
              90's model??? Could be the Blower Control Module (near the firewall, passenger side, right on top, purple wire going to it). Very common problem with the 90, 91, 92 models. Wife's went out on the 90 Eureka.
              Yeah, thats actually the first thing i replaced is that whole blower motor( control module is part of it) and it still did the same thing, so then i said fuckit and cut that purple wire and ran a switch inside

Comment

Yeah, thats actually the first thing i replaced is that whole blower motor( control module is part of it) and it still did the same thing, so then i said fuckit and cut that purple wire and ran a switch inside
                Sorry, I meant the control box with the two pigtails going to it next to the blower motor. I pulled it out of the wife's hearse and never replaced it. So now she wont drive hers without AC. Did you just put a switch in the purple wire going to the Blower motor? Maybe i can get her outta my hearse if I fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by dead ed View Post
                  Sorry, I meant the control box with the two pigtails going to it next to the blower motor. I pulled it out of the wife's hearse and never replaced it. So now she wont drive hers without AC. Did you just put a switch in the purple wire going to the Blower motor? Maybe i can get her outta my hearse if I fix it.
                  Funny, i didnt even see the post about the same car with the same problem, yeah i cut the purple wire, lengthened them to run inside and joined them with a toggle switch... i guess its the lazy way to fix it, but its too damn hot to be trying to figure out the real cause of the problem, or replacing more shit

Comment

Funny, i didnt even see the post about the same car with the same problem, yeah i cut the purple wire, lengthened them to run inside and joined them with a toggle switch... i guess its the lazy way to fix it, but its too damn hot to be trying to figure out the real cause of the problem, or replacing more shit
                    That control box is $150. I'm goin with the toggle switch idea.
                    My 91 S&S on the left bottom. Wife's 90 Eureka on the right bottom. Our 80 S&S in the middle, at a friend's shop with the vinyl top removed.

Comment

mine does the same thing as well but it is a 73 <.<

Comment

Working...
                      X