Gas filler hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas filler hose?

A few years ago my gas filler was leaking, so I took the rotten hose to an exhaust shop and they made me a new one out of bent exhaust pipe and I used some rubber and clamps to attach it to the car. This has worked out well except for the issue that I can't really take it out to fix my gas gauge problem that I've had for 8+ years.

Since the hose exits the back of the tank, takes a dramatic turn and then snakes up to the side of the car, I don't think a standard length of hose will make this journey without a huge folded bend right where it makes the exit from the tank.

Anybody got a suggestion on how to replace the old hose (and subsequent exhaust pipe replacement) so that I can have a normal gas tank filler again? I really want to fix my gas gauge.

I got the filler hose out of my 75, but it is for an S&S and the filler door is on the left side qtr panel. Isn't your M-M on the panel between the rear door and the bumper?

Comment

you know i need one or more of them
      im going to pull one off one of the parts cars and run by a rubber and hose place up in gainesville and see if they can make us some
      give me a few days

Comment

I used flex hose for the easy curves, and fiberglass 90 degree elbows from a boat supply for the tight turns. It's lasted 3 yrs., so far, and holding strong.

Comment

Thick radiator hose should work fine.

My 72 superior has like 2 or 3 pieces of exhaust tube type stuff, with hoses interconnecting it all. Like boost tubes on a turbo setup.

Comment

So what I'm hearing is that I'm not the only one who has come up with a creative solution to this problem? =)

Jody - the fill door is on the back, between the rear door and the left tail light. Which can be observed here:

Comment

I am unsure if mine would work, I'll check it out. You inlet goes straight down from the dorr, I presume?

Comment

Working...
              X