Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 73 superior cadillac hearse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 73 superior cadillac hearse?

I am only getting 3 volts on my dome light up front and the dome lights and casket light in the rear don't work at all. If I take a bulb out and put in 12V I can get the rear ones to light up in what seems like 2 different circuits.

The under dash dome lights work perfectly and seem to be on the same circuit as the cab dome light where as one gets 12v always and the other gets 3v give or take and sometimes none. It has killed my battery 2 times.

I contacted Accubilt, which owns Superior now, and they gave me the original drawings for the 1976, which were not very helpful. Basically, they just show that the orange wire sends positive to the wiring circuit, each switch turns on 12v+ to the lights, and the white wire is grounded at every light. What I have found, on the 76, anyway, is that the problem is usually with the switches themselves. Try jumping across one and see if you can get the lights on.

For the dome light circuit, I would like very much to have the bier compartment lighting come on with the dome light, so I am going to put in a small relay that has normal 12v power to one side of the coil, and it will be grounded, switching the bier lights on, when a front door switch, or the dome light switch in the light knob, is made. That seems like a minimally intrusive solution.

Hope this helps,

-d

Comment

Mine does not even have an orange wire lol! Where did you contact accubuilt? I went to the superior website and sent an email about the 73 and no response.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
        Mine does not even have an orange wire lol! Where did you contact accubuilt? I went to the superior website and sent an email about the 73 and no response.
        Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
          smart .... but I contacted superior off their website which is linked in the lower left hand corner of that web site and got no response is why I asked.

Comment

Ive contacted Superior for a few ?'s as well and never heard back from them. I have learned its easier to just come to the ppl that live hearses. This group

Comment

Originally posted by corpses bride View Post
              Ive contacted Superior for a few ?'s as well and never heard back from them. I have learned its easier to just come to the ppl that live hearses. This group
              Well so far nada on diagrams. I don't want to try and pull headliner to check for these wires.

Comment

Wife took the car to towm today and said door lights not working. Sure enuff they dont. open passengers door and they work. Checked the voltage and i have the same problem. sprayed door switch up and stil no change. Traced wires to switch and they barely together. I spliced into it and SHAZZAM problem fixed.
                Havent had any luck with your wiring diagram sorry

Comment

To add to the confusion I looked at all the doorpin connections and they are fine. I also metered the back one and one side shows ground and the other +..... a switch should only be positive or negative switch right? When I connect them... no spark or fuse pop... also no light turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
                    Well so far nada on diagrams. I don't want to try and pull headliner to check for these wires.
                    Pull the fender tops, if you have the fender top lights. On the 76, the orange and white wires run under the middle of the carpet and back toward the passenger side, in the church truck compartment. That is where I tapped in to provide power to them. Also, the switches themselves, on the rear doors, might be easy to pull out to check for voltage. I think mine are just held on with screws.

Comment

I don't have the fender top indicators. I have one side of the rear stripped and have pulled the door pins.

To add to the confusion I looked at all the doorpin connections and they are fine. I also metered the back one and one side shows ground and the other +..... a switch should only be positive or negative switch right? When I connect them... no spark or fuse pop... also no light turn on.

Comment

I was referring to the interior lights that go on top of the rear fenders (quarters), above the rear wheels, in the bier compartment (don't know the nomenclature).

What makes this system more complicated, on the 76 anyway, is that the front door switches work by grounding the circuit, and the rear door switches work by turning positive power on to the lights. That is why I am thinking of a relay, to make the front doors turn on the bier compartment lights, as well as the two front floor lights under the dash. The drawing from Accubilt does not explain how the system is supposed to work.

Comment

Weird. I am somehow getting a positive and a negative at the rear most door pin and no sparks fly when I connect the two.

Comment

If it is a single pin switch, this is proper. The positive voltage is coming from the positive feed, through the light bulbs (paralleled), and then is seeking a ground to complete the circuit. Grounding it should turn on the lights.

Comment

Chevelle Station Wagon Tail Lights.
                              It came up on the friends of the PCS forum.
                              ps3 game download
                              downloading ps3 games

Comment

Working...
                              X