Lost keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost keys

somehow my 3 year old got my car keys, which had my hearse keys on it and was playing with them. I haven't had time to make another set yet, and that was the only set.. of course somehow they've gone missing from my key ring and I don't even know where to begin to look for them. Please tell me there is some way to get another key made.

Call a locksmith. It'll probably cost you anywhere from $150-250, but it will be pretty much dead nuts on accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
      Call a locksmith. It'll probably cost you anywhere from $150-250, but it will be pretty much dead nuts on accurate.
      Really not what I was hoping to see..

can you not get one made with the vin number?

Comment

Your car is what, 32 years old now?

The closest I think you'll do is get a reproduction key blank

And have the locksmith make one off of that. Sorry dude.

Comment

Lost Mine for the 72, both sets. Just bought a new ignition switch and replaced it. Find a parts car for the door locks, really only need a couple to get by.

Comment

If you can get into the car (slim jim, coat hanger, etc...) then open the door, remove the door panel, remove the door lock tumble, and just take that to your local locksmith. He will make you a new key to fit it (and the ign, if takes the same key) for about $15-$25. It will take him about 10 minutes, lol.

Comment

The keys for my car were MIA when I got it. Got the ign. cyl. out and it cost $7 for a new key. Lucked out too that a 73 was the same for the doors also. You will need a steering wheel puller and a lock plate depresser to do it. Once you do the first one you'll find it's a cakewalk to pull the locks out of old GM cars.

Comment

yeah a cadillac dealer can only make new keys from the VIN for recent year models.

Comment

I lost the door key for my 72. I pulled out one of the lock tumblers from the door (or you could use the glovebox door) and took them into a locksmith shop. I went overboard and had 5 sets of keys made for like 20-30 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by spastic_chicken View Post
                    I lost the door key for my 72. I pulled out one of the lock tumblers from the door (or you could use the glovebox door) and took them into a locksmith shop. I went overboard and had 5 sets of keys made for like 20-30 bucks.
                    On my 73 the doors and ignition are the same key. The glove box uses a different key. On a standard Cadillac the glove box and trunk are the same key.

Comment

Working...
                    X