Best Place to Get a Shop Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place to Get a Shop Manual?

Where is the best place to get a factory shop manual (or a decent copy) for my '67? When I had my Pontiac I got one off Ebay that was a poorly xeroxed piece of crap.

Are the Haynes or Chilton manuals any good?

Thanks!
    Last edited by DocV; 05-18-2011, 02:54 PM.

I had good luck on EBAY, just got 1 for the 72 for $20 I think was really nice and a 75 supplyment and a few other books for $10 and all was like new. The prices can be low to super high, just have to watch. I have 4 saved searches, 72, 75,71-76 Caddy and hearse. Dayley updates, some parts were super cheap when nobody else bids. As far as the other 2, better than nothing I guess, but for the $$, find a shop manual. If no major changes took place, a year or 2 either way may still help.

Comment

I have seen shop manuals at the swap meets. I was about to buy a couple and post on here for sale. I think they were around $20 each. I know some people sale shop manuals on cd on ebay. That way you can just print the page or pages you need and if they get dirty you can just throw them away.
      I would use the Haynes or Chilton manuals as a last resort. The shop manual will be specific for the year and will be better detailed.

Comment

I remember STODD was selling a bunch back in the day:

Comment

Working...
        X