Is your hearse cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your hearse cool?

Who all has working AC in your ride? And if you don't what are some options you've looked at to have it? Mine currently has heat, but no air.

Mine didn't have ac from the factory, but I added it 2 years ago.
    I bought an after market under dash kit from a hotrod supply place.
    With the partition glass closed it's real nice.
    I will post pics and details soon.

Comment

penguin.jpg

Yup, about something like that.

Comment

The AC in my hearse doesn't work...I don't think. Actually I never tried it. I hate air conditioning, I always ride with the windows down. I only use it in the Ecto when others are riding along.

Comment

mine allegedly works, but the wiring to it is jacked. vacuum lines from the dash controls are jacked, too. If you want heat, you hook up the line under the hood and you have heat. if you don't want heat, you disconnect the line, it still pulls hot air from under the hood, and you still have heat. Foot cooker.

Comment

mine has a toggle swtich wired up that turns the heater on and off.. other than that.. there's nothing. As Chace said.. pretty much ride with the windows down.. of course my ford focus doesn't have air either.. so i guess it doesn't matter if my hearse does or not lol.

Comment

I'd love to have one of these....see back in the day when car ac was just becoming an option, there were several companies that made these add on window car ac's. I'd be interested just in seeing if they worked worth a crap!

Comment

mine works, but i have to top off the charge every summer. there's a leak somewhere.

Comment

My hearse is very cool. I have a 4/55 air condition unit worked ever since I got her. Yup, all four windows down at about 55 MPH, and its not so bad haha! My ac pump was gone when I got my 69 M&M. I woulda yanked all that crap off anyway if it had been there. I've never owned a car with workin AC...why start now. So yea my hearse is def cool...the passengers with me? Probly not so cool lol

Comment

.mazda.jpg
                    After a winter like this, I bless every drop of sweat!

Comment

Originally posted by Chace View Post
                      I'd love to have one of these....see back in the day when car ac was just becoming an option, there were several companies that made these add on window car ac's. I'd be interested just in seeing if they worked worth a crap!

I have one, but it's for a car that isn't running, I'll let you know when I get it working

A/C in the 94 Eureka runs ice cold, A/C delete on the 72 Superior, but would love to have it working. 57 Eureka will have hot rod air.

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
                        Mine didn't have ac from the factory, but I added it 2 years ago.
                        I bought an after market under dash kit from a hotrod supply place.
                        With the partition glass closed it's real nice.
                        I will post pics and details soon.
                        what supply place did you go thru? I'm thinking that might be a better route than trying to fix the existing air.

Comment

Originally posted by Chace View Post
                          Can you imagine how many times you would have to stop for ice on a long road trip?

Comment

This is the place and the kit I used.
                            However the compressor bracket included did not work for the 472, I had to order one from another company. I will look for the receipt for it and list them as well.

Comment

I saw one of those A/C add ons yesterday at a car show, the guy who had it says it runs like a champ.

sulphurcreekcarshow2011.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X