turn signal issues... great...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signal issues... great...

So Ophelia's left turn signal stopped flashing the other day. Checked it out, and the front bulb was blown. No big deal, stopped and grabbed new bulbs today, changed 'em out, 5 minutes, done and done. Cruised down to the convenience store afterward for the celebratory beer, and POOF! Stopped blinking again. Got home, hit the hazards, everything checked out. Left and right, front and back, blinked fine. Hit the right turn signal, front and back checked out. Hit the left, and NOTHING. front and back turned on but wouldn't flash. I always thought if it were the actual turn signal flasher, right AND left would stop blinking. Any advice??

Yea if your flasher goes bad neither side will blink...sometimes when I hit my left turn signal, its like its not quite in the right spot and the front and rear turn signals come on but don't flash, and I have to jiggle it...so I would assumr that your issue, (and possibly mine) are in the column. Also when I turn my hazzards on, the dash signals and all 4 turn lamps come on but don't flash, yet all my turn signals including the cornering lights work...so I feel your turn signal gremlin pain lol

Comment

check your grounds

Comment

Next time that it goes on but won't blink, go around and wiggle the wires going into the sockets plus the flasher unit itself. That can be very revealing at times. Maybe confirm also that the light on in the rear is indeed the signal and not the tail filament.
        Sometimes a broken filament in a bulb will lean over and wierd things happen. Example: When you hit the brakes and the parking lights come on it's a back feed from a bad bulb. A simple problem that can drive you nuts if you never saw it.

Comment

nice. Much appreciated-It'd been behaving well since april, and after I replaced the bad bulb, it decides to act up.... Temperamental bitch...

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
            Also when I turn my hazzards on, the dash signals and all 4 turn lamps come on but don't flash, yet all my turn signals including the cornering lights work...so I feel your turn signal gremlin pain lol
            My '72 has a separate flasher for turn signals and hazards. One is plugged directly in the fuse box while the other is hanging under the dash close to the steering column. So you may find that the flasher for the hazard lights is bad while the flasher for the signals is working fine.

Comment

Wow I didn't know that. I didn't even look for a second flasher. I'm gonna check immediatly after work and keep posted on what I find. Thanks alot man!

Comment

Working...
              X