'59-'64 Superior & Miller Meteor loading door glass ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59-'64 Superior & Miller Meteor loading door glass ID

I've measured '59 through '64 Superior rear loading door glass before firsthand and can attest that the same piece was used. This holds true for both Superior Cadillac and Superior Pontiac, btw.

Was told by a '59 collector last year that Miller Meteor glass changed for '63. Huh. Could it be that MM had a specific rear loading door glass for two years only, in '63-'64..? (Possible - '59 Eureka rear loading door glass is one year only, as is '60 Eureka.) Today I confirmed that claim. Here is a '63 rear loading door glass held closely over '59:

'63 is longer and the top crown has a markedly different angle. Top to bottom, they are quite similar with little curvature.

Wondering how '59-'64 Superior glass compares to '59-'62 MM? Luckily for you, I came prepared:

Superior is considerably taller and has more curvature top to bottom.

How about comparing '59-'64 Superior to '63-'64 MM? Superior is behind MM:

Here are specifics never published/nor online:

'59-'62 MM - 14"H x 32.5"L (top), 37.5"L (bottom)
    '63-'64 MM - 15.5"H x 38.75"L (top), 41.5" (bottom)
    '59-'64 Superior- 17.25"H x 38.5"L (top), 39.5" (bottom)

I'd love an extra MM rear glass. If you find one for $20 LMK Did you share this info with the PCS?

Comment

You know I always have my eyes open!

At least now we can definitively say what years interchange with your '61.

Yes, I shared. My info is "a start" - with a suggestion I locate glass numbers...

Comment

Working...
      X