X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My coach is having an identity crisis

1962 Cadillac Superior... http://hearseclub.com/1961_superior.jpg
    I bought her listed as a limo style hearse

When I look more, I see the light / siren control panel on the dash and the zippered headliner with a hole plugged in the roof.
    Divider / Suicide doors....unimportant.

Superior Build tag indicates it is style 604 (rear loading hearse) no "L" for landau. But no "c" for combination either.
    Standard headroom Ambulances were 606
    Supermanual sideloader 601
    Supermatic sideloader 602

While waiting for my engine to return from the shop I started tinkering with other stuff. I pulled up the carpet a previous owner installed and found the wood deck with what appears to be remains of laminate. What I did not find is evidence of rollers or bier plates, unless they surface mount somehow.
    My guess is it did have jump seats and a cot hook.

floor1.jpg

Well, I would say that it is appointed as a combination, but designated as a hearse. I would guess from the clues that it had a removable casket rack as opposed to rollers in the floor, and cot hooks for a gurney (or would the rack be secured by the same type hooks?) If you could trace the ownership back, answers would be much easier. Any luck with that?

By the way, no luck so far on that Federal 174...

Comment

There is no identity crisis. This is the Superior skeleton rack it once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogeyman Con Carne View Post
        If you could trace the ownership back, answers would be much easier. Any luck with that?...
        I bought it from a guy who bought it from Zach. I think Zach yanked it from a field in Kansas.
        Atti, are you familiar with this one?

Comment

Only familiar through Zach; not independently.

And I've sold 2 pair of correct Superior jump seats that you never got back to me about. Two pair remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
            And I've sold 2 pair of correct Superior jump seats that you never got back to me about. Two pair remain.
            Money got a little tight and unfortunately, jump seats fell down the priority list. Still would like to make it happen but timing is poor.

Comment

Working...
            X