'88 Superior Lincoln Towncar headlight freakout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '88 Superior Lincoln Towncar headlight freakout

Any other owners of 80's Lincoln hearses experienced the headlights shutting off and on while the switch is on? Having to use the hearse as my daily driver now, and not looking forward to running the gauntlet of two small town police forces with headlights that shut off by themselves at 5:30 in the morning.
    Shopped for a new headlight switch today, NAPA gets $240, O'Reillys gets $212, and Advanced gets $352!! WTF?! There's still a shitload of these on the road, what gives?
    Any others experienced this, or fixed it cheaper?

Try a junk yard. See what other Ford car runs the headlight switch. And what troubleshooting have you done?

Comment

Ford had problems on their headlight switches in those years. 3 Bronco's and 2 Rangers between the model years of 86 to 89. This was a problem part on all of them. If you find some, get extras.

Comment

Got a buddy telling me now he had a similar problem with a '84 T-Bird. Says he replaced one of the big metal fuses that had weakened, and that fixed it. Just gotta' find the right one to try it now.....

Comment

Got on the Lincolns Online message board, and they told me to get a '88 Crown Victoria switch for it......
          Twenty one dollars all togather with tax as apposed to the F-in' $200 everyone was askin' for the Towncar switch!
          Worked perfect on the 5:30 AM drive to work today, tell everyone you know!!

Comment

Working...
          X