Dome lamp sourse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome lamp sourse

Looking to find a new rear compartment dome lamp assembly for my 63 M&M Combo. The old one is the traditional 6" round type. The plastic lense is missing, and the chrome ring is pitted. I figured it would be an easy search, but came up with few leads. has anyone replaced theirs lately?

I don't have a source, but have you tried expanding your search to anything GM, not just Cadillac? I know the rectangular rear compart lamps in my '72 S&S are originally from a 68 and up El Camino. Took me awhile to figure it out, But when I did they were easy to get. Year One had them, but I actually ordered them from a local Chevy dealer cheaper.

Comment

It has to be round, and the only ones I see in the GM cars are the 3" domes. I am looking for the 6" round

Comment

Yea, I understand you need the round ones. I was just comparing my experience with the search. Anyway, is the whole lamp 6" or is just the lens 6". If the lens is 6" can you give me the measurement of the entire lamp including the chrome ring? Can you post some pictures of what you have. If you can give me a little more to work with I'll see what I can do about finding it.

Later

Comment

Hadn't thought to look at the junkyard '63 I've been pulling parts off for you Russ.

Comment

Mine are tear shaped. Not sure if it a pontiac thing or a c/b thing. A quick search showed nothing. When I get to my interior a more in depth search will be in order

Comment

Atti, its all about the plastic lense. I could rechrome the original one, but dont think I can find a replacement lense.

Comment

Here are the pics of the original. The housings are the same from my 63 M&M to my 63 Superior. Its a 2 wire lense. One constant hot, and a switcheddome light..JPG ground via the door jamb switch. dome light.JPG Size is 5" wide at the base, and a 3 15/16 hole for the lense.
                Last edited by pyro; 08-10-2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Think I can help. I've seen those on a couple junkyard coaches. Need to remember which ones...

Comment

Does this one look like the right one. I sent the guy a message to give me the dimensions but I haven't heard back yet.
                    Ebay item #230646611223

Comment

It sure does look like the right one. I wsill see if I can find the dimensions on line.

Comment

Those are it. I went to a Fri night car cruise in,. and looked at a 57 Chevy. Took a few measurements, and compared to the dome assembly at home. Now if that jerk off on ebay will just answer my question about multiple items and shipping.

Comment

Thats cool that those are the right ones. As far as the guy on Ebay. Just do an Ebay search for 55-57 chevy dome lights and get them from someone else. Also, I'm not sure how much you want to spend but you can get them new from www.yearone.com/

On a side note, if you do search elsewhere do not get the ones that fit the nomads. From my research the nomads lights are smaller.

Comment

Ordered, and on the way. The car is looking frikin great with the new upholstry almost finished. It just hughlights the shitty interior chrome. O-well, off to sell more blood & seamen. cant let shitty chrome detract from the new interior.

Comment

The dome lamps came in, and they are the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X