Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky Bondo work above front windshield

Hello all,
    We had a bad storm this past weekend and the front windshield began leaking like a seive. I am wondering wether I should just caulk through the rust hole beneath the bondo(rust hold is on the interrior right above the weather stripping) or if their are any other/better options.

well, as a metal worker and restorer/hotrodder, the best option is always to cut and remove any and all rust and signs of rust. replace it with new metal, and replace the windshield seal and any other problem issues. And by all means, use a little body filler as possible. If you must, use a high quality body filler. But thats not always possible for some if you dont do that work yourself. pics would be helpful. Sure we can come up with some kind of fix for ya.

Comment

I have to say, PLEASE DO NOT caulk anything!!! The previous owner of my coach used spray foam to fill in major roof rot. Not only do I have to patch that hole, I have to chisel out INCHES of that crap just to get to that point. Whether you plan on selling it down the road or not, do yourself a favor, and do it right.

Comment

Working...
      X