Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A word on Blitz Rhino Ramps (plastic car ramps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word on Blitz Rhino Ramps (plastic car ramps)

I would venture them entirely capable of holding up any of our coaches after this weekend:

This is after pulling up onto them and cranking the wheels left and right to make sure the ramps wouldn't give while the welding was going on. They are only rated for 3000lbs each ramp (12000lb GVW). Which I learned afterwards and up until then had always thought they held 12000lbs by themselves. Anyway, so I guess it is a typical case of American companies overbuilding the piss out of their products such that their own employees would want to buy it.

These are Blitz Rhino ramps btw - made in Florida.

Nice to see they held up, but not the way I would like to find out.

I always tell people to be careful about the ratings on jacks, jackstands, ramps, etc. Seems like they usually put a big number in bold print on the box that turns out to be what they are rated as a pair or something like that. It's only if you read the instructions that you find out how dangerous the task was that you just completed.

Comment

Well, this is the lighter end of the rig too. I still don't know if I would trust them on dirt or gravel. I would be afraid they would sink, even under the lightest of coaches.

Comment

Cool pic. Hows the life ins policy.

Comment

Holy pucker factor!

Comment

I bet that if you sent the pics to the ramp company, you would get free stuff from them.

Comment

I did, got nothing but a thank you for using our product reply. On the plus, I caught a lot of shit from the garage forum people telling me what I should do instead of using the ramps...which struck me as odd since the event pictured had already happened by the time the picture was posted. I know of no method for changing how something was done from what has already occurred.

Comment

I don't blame the company for playing low key about this. If they tried to draw attention to these pics & someone later on used a load above their ratings and had something go wrong, that might give grounds for a frivolous lawsuit. With the way things are anymore I am surprised that krazyclue still does stunts with their products.

Comment

Working...
                X