I have ?'s that desperatly need answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwayne is right on the money with fuel.

If I remember, 1974 still had a points distributor. Breakerless upgrade is worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
      Dwayne is right on the money with fuel.

If I remember, 1974 still had a points distributor. Breakerless upgrade is worth every penny.
      1974 was the first year for HEI, but not all had it some still had points. I was changing my points every year on my 73 and finally got rid of them and haven't had a problem.

Comment

yeah i just changed the oil on it today...... black as the ace of spades.... so nasty

sad part is is that when i bled the brake lines they were the same color....

Comment

so how can i tell if i have "points" or an "HEI"
          still kinda new to that aspect of the vehicle

Comment

so how can i tell if i have "points" or an "HEI"&nbsp; <br>still kinda new to that aspect of the vehicle<br>

Comment

Originally posted by Khakushia View Post
              so how can i tell if i have "points" or an "HEI"
              still kinda new to that aspect of the vehicle
              If it has an external coil and coil wire to the center of the distributor cap, it's points ignition. HEI (high energy ignition) has a much larger distributor cap with the coil IN the cap, held in with screws.

Comment

hmmm ok i will have to check that out in the morning i currently dont have any hood hinges on her so lifting the hood is a work out by itself

Comment

ok new question time...... i have no air coming out of my vents except when its all the way over to the right on the window defroster i believe. is that just a bad vacuum line or is there more problems under the dash i should worry about

Comment

Working...
                  X