Remote Tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Tuner

I'm putting an aftermarket radio in my 92 S&S Cadillac and I'm having trouble locating the remote tuner. It's supposed to be in the trunk, but since hearses don't really have trunks. I'm not really sure where this would be located. Any help would be appreciated.

Forgive my ignorance, what is a remote tuner? From your message I gather that the radio currently in the 92 is factory but I'm not familiar with the expression as any piece of a car stereo tech that would be found in the trunk of a Cadillac.

Comment

Well according to my radio install guy, it's the piece of the radio that will control the automatic antenna. In Cadillacs and Corvettes it is usually in the trunk he says. He didn't have this problem with the 74, but it's antenna was already stuck in the up position.

Comment

I see, is there a chance he always saw it in the trunk because that happened to be where the antenna was mounted? Every one I've ever worked on had the circuitry piece mounted directly to the power antenna unit itself or in the case of a few GM mobiles, there was separate component piece nearby.

Comment

Oh ok, I'll tell him that and hopefully I'll get my hearse back today. I mean surely it doesn't take 3 days to install a radio.

Comment

shouldn't take a radio installer 3 days no. maybe its something he just does on the side.

Comment

Working...
            X