Treadle Vac Booster Vacuum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadle Vac Booster Vacuum ?

If anyone has a treadle'vac brake system, could you help me? There's 2 vacuum outlet tubes on the bottom of the booster. I think one goes to the intake manifold, and the other the vacuum reservoir? Is this correct?

Yes.

While not a vertical mount like you and I have, this may help:

Also, you should be able to simply cap the other connection if you do not want to hook up the reservoir. If you still have vacuum wipers life will suck while on throttle but I suspect most of the time you won't notice.

Comment

Awesome! I hooked it up just like this. I have that same system from a 56 but mounted vertically, just made a new MC reservoir cap so I can fill it while its upright. Whats this about vacuum wipers?

Comment

I've owned more than a few cars with vacuum wipers and no longer make the assumption that they aren't there for other people's rides. I didn't know if yours had them or not. Mine does but only because I haven't addressed the trouble yet.

Comment

I do have them, thats why I was inquiring. I have found a diagram for that on the La Salle board. but cant for the life of me find the wiper spray nozzles anywhere...
          Wiper1.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X