Superior rear lighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior rear lighting.

Just spent the day repairing the seat. Found the wires from switch to seat motor cut clean inside kick panel from door switch to motor, now I have a working power seat again.

My last gremlin on the 84 is no rear interior lights work as well as reverse lights. I found an article that says the switch is on the bottom of the column. It looks like its there, but there is no wiring to it. I'm guessing that superior would have connected the reverse lights to the rear interior lights so when the rear door opens that all come on. Well thats the way the 95 and 86 are. maybe they rerouted and don't use the switch on the column, anybody have any clue on how they wired the rear interior lights

Probably don.t apply here, but. My 75 Sup. inside light only come on when the back door is open. The reverse lights don't come on but do work in reverse. My 72 MM has 2 switches on the rear door, 1 for interior lights and 1 for the back up lights. Both work. If any of the 5 doors are opened, the inside lights come on. One more thing, turning the dimmer knob on the head light switch all the way to the left turns the inside lights on too just in the rear as the front don't have any.. While changing the carpet in all 3 cars, the wires going to the casket area passed under the floor sill plate or under the carpet on the drivers front side. I would look there and wire as needed.
    Last edited by travlinman; 06-17-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
      Just spent the day repairing the seat. Found the wires from switch to seat motor cut clean inside kick panel from door switch to motor, now I have a working power seat again.

My last gremlin on the 84 is no rear interior lights work as well as reverse lights. I found an article that says the switch is on the bottom of the column. It looks like its there, but there is no wiring to it. I'm guessing that superior would have connected the reverse lights to the rear interior lights so when the rear door opens that all come on. Well thats the way the 95 and 86 are. maybe they rerouted and don't use the switch on the column, anybody have any clue on how they wired the rear interior led bulbs
      It is difficult to say as I have never used these lights and now using LED ones
      Last edited by Burunt; 08-22-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X