Flxible parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flxible parts.

I need a set of landaus for my 60. I saw a good set go for a hundred not to long ago on Ebay and I didn't have the money at the time. Just about all Flxibles used the same ones from the 40's till 64. Some Flxible scrips would be of interest too. I am still short 3 or 4 they usually bring 50-60 dollars each and were the same on all the coaches.
    Last edited by 60Buick; 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM.

To be clear what set you're referring to - are you asking about wheels?

Comment

whoops....landau irons

Comment

Have pics of '59 and '61. In order:

There's a '59 Buick professional car only collector I can ask. Hopefully he knows of a non-'59 landau sitting somewhere for parts. Only Flxible I can think of quickly is a '61 limo style combination.

Comment

Finally heard back from my friend, whom it turns out knows you. He doesn't have any nor knows of any landau parts car. In fact, says he's never actually seen a pair in person.

He recommended buying the MI '62 that remained unsold on eBay just for the landau irons.

Comment

Update and a possible lead.

Breeden Hearse Hardware manufactured the landau irons (among other pieces) outside Pittsburg. Up until a few years ago, you were able to walk into Breeden and buy NOS parts for your coach out of their old warehouse. If they didn't have what was needed in stock, Breeden had all the original dies and would make whatever! Not cheap to have made but amazing that this service was still available.

Anyway, Breeden mysteriously disappeared within the last couple years. Gone. No further contact info, no found obituary for owner. Nothing! No idea what has become of that huge cache of parts. I romantically hope they have not been scrapped in entirety...

So finally something solid. Maybe.

John Ehmer had a '63 Flxible landau that sustained roof damage when his two story building collapsed a couple winters ago. Sadly, it was one of a few coaches he had to give up to insurance company. For a myriad of reasons he couldn't keep them all. Insurance company sold it to a junk dealer near Pittsburg. Junk dealer advertised '63 last year wanting $5k for coach, which did not sell. He still has it.

When weather breaks, John will attempt to reacquire his old '63 for closer to scrap value and part it out.
            Last edited by 60Crown; 01-20-2013, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X