Trying to locate weatherstripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to locate weatherstripping

Hello everyone , Glad I found this website ., seems interesting . Hope you can help me find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find weatherstripping for a 79 cadillac hearse ( superior ). Any and all help would be appreciated.

Contact Nhaa member Cuda Mike.. He had a hole bunch reproduced and is selling it..

Comment

Originally posted by mr x View Post
      Contact Nhaa member Cuda Mike.. He had a hole bunch reproduced and is selling it..
      I think his stuff is early MM, but it may work.
      I PM'd him and he suggested comparing the profile of what I have to what rubber the right way offers

$.02

Comment

I am here, checking todays topics of discussion. So first place to start, is to cut a pie slice out of your vehicle somewhere discreet out of the weather stripping, so I can identify the profile of the gasket. I have seen where some coach manufacturers have used two styles of door weatherstripping on the same coach so check that out on yours also. Some have the original factory stuff from Cadillac then the coach builder use's what they have on the shelf for the rear door besides. I redesigned and had reproduced a M-M style weather stripping that has been purchased for use on as early as a 61 M-M and as old as a 1975 from me so far. After I see what you have I will know where to recommend you buy the product. To date no one has installed any of the door W/S that I have in a Superior of any year. There is a supplier that has a replacement on the shelf already that is so close to the original that I did not find any need to reproduce that style for sale. $4.50 a foot I believe but it is practically identical. Post a picture of your cross section to start. Be nice to see a picture of your coach someday too. Don't forget when you get a chance. In progress or other, any are interesting, the seventy's coach's have some interesting body styles.

Comment

Working...
        X