Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a REAR drive shaft for a 68 Cadillac CC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a REAR drive shaft for a 68 Cadillac CC.

HELP!! I need a rear drive shaft for a 1968 Cadillac commercial chassis. Upon removing the gas tank for a good cleaning we looked forward and found that some douche canoe had picked this coach up with a forklift. I have been busting some major ass to get this coach ready for the Asheville meet and would hate to show her as a static display after all the work that has gone into getting ready.

If anyone has one laying around or know where I could get one shipped in, you would be a savior! Sooner I find one, the better! No one likes death slam noises coming from the back.

PM me with $$ and a ETA if possible.

Thanks!

What year is The Shark - '66 or '68? That's your easiest solution if a '68!

If 472 came out in '68 then a '67 likewise won't work, correct? Sounds like a NC run is looming.

Comment

i have one pulled from a 68 im working on this i do know its smaller around then a 70 and up 69 and 68 look alot alike up under and i think i saw Some place that a 67 is shorter
      good luck

Comment

Good to know. I would've assumed '68-'70 were the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
          Good to know. I would've assumed '68-'70 were the same.
          i think 68 and 69 are about the same 70 they got beefed up a bit rearend drive shaft brakes
          i think in 69 they had to make a front end change from the stacked headlights look that had been the same overall from 65 71-76 just seems bigger more room under the hood and in the cab. my 68 drives like a truck the 70 like a suv and 71 up like a cadillac ...

Comment

Thanks for the info. As for the drive shaft, a visit to our NC friend this week has that problem solved. =)

Now all that is left is some wet sanding & putting all the damn chrome back on before Thursday. LOL

Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Was that painted in the driveway or a both?

Good gawd man. There's some clean up work to do but jeez. While some are merely checking their levels or changing wipers a week before meet.....

Comment

Working...
              X