hood hinges and safety latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hood hinges and safety latch

Like the title says I need a set of hood hinges and safety latch for my 73 hearse. As some of the people that went to Asheville know, it's not easy to lift or hold one of these hoods.

i have got a couple sets of hinges in the garage, can't remeber what years they will fit, tho -
    send me a pic direct to sonsini@mindspring.com and I will try to match them

Comment

Before one very unfortunate airplane accident, Morella was going to write up an article on how to rebuild the hinges so they aren't so wonky. I need a set myself or need to fix the ones I have.

Comment

I saw their booth at the Auto Fair a couple years ago, http://www.hoodhingerepair.com/index.html. I'm going to send them an email and find out a price. The hinges I have on Abbie are off the 73 MM Thomas parted out for Her. I don't know if my old hinges are repairable. I would prefer to have a set on Her until I get another set.

Comment

Let me know what they say please.

Comment

He is the email I got today.

We can rebuild your hood hinges, replacing all the rivets in the set for 200.00, plus shipping charges. That gets them back to you in bare metal or in a primer finish, lubed with white lithium grease in between all metal to metal movement areas and under the rivets, when pressed into place.
            We accept checks, money orders and credit cards transacted through PayPal only. If sending payment with the hinge set, please add the additional amount you paid in shipping, to the check. I tell everyone to get a quote from their shipping source, prior to sealing the carton, then drop payment inside, tape them up and ship them to us.
            Also include a note with what you need done, a return shipping address, a contact phone number and a e-mail address, so we can send you a tracking number or a PayPal invoice, if you choose that route of payment, when work is completed. Most all work is done and returned within 7-10 working days upon received payment.
            If you have further questions, please e-mail me back or just call us. Thank you again and I hope we can rebuild those hinges for you.

Willie Wilson
            Wilson Antique Car Parts
            1067 Clearview Drive
            Forest, VA 24551
            434-258-2606

Comment

I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not. Might try it myself.

Comment

The rivets need to be machined. There is a shoulder that needs to be machined in. I had the machine shop on base do it for me on some hood hinges. Cost was some beer, but now Im out of the service, and shit outa luck with the hook up.
                Its no simple task to do. If you have a lath, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                X