Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Cadillac 1959 S&S Park Row (combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for get me pointed to this advertisement on funeralcartrader. ,
    What I really like about the ’59 caddys are the fins. Although the ’60 fins are not bad, the ’59 are better (in my opinion) In the current pictures on that site I sawthat there are some changes in the rear compartment (they have placed seats), the original parts will be missingafter so many years.
    Yesterday I found the ad. from Copart, and saw their price-indication. Are they from this planet? I
    Thanks.

Comment

The jump seats in the rear are factory, as it's a combo. This was Otto Baron's hearse that he recently sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
        The jump seats in the rear are factory, as it's a combo. This was Otto Baron's hearse that he recently sold.
        I was referring on the white 1960 combo that is advertised on funeralcartrader. There are two modern frontseats mounted in the rear compartiment.

Comment

I didn't see the 60 early or didn't notice it. I will tell you it's zrepo "selling" it. If you don't know zrepo, put it in the search and read about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Haroldfromhell View Post
            http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch....SEARCH_RESULTS
            Somebody trying to make a profitable flip!
            The listing has disapeared. Maybe he got his price.

Comment

JC, I know you thought I was ridiculous when I offered you the coach for $10,000, and you might have made a counter offer for what I sold the car for, so you would have had the exact same car you claimed you wanted so badly. The truth is there are few surviving 1959's, especially Park Row Combos. If the dealer hadn't made a vacant promise about paying me right away to shut down the auction in his favor, it may have gone for more than the $10,000 I offered it to you for.

Comment

I can't even imagine picking up a '59 anything for ~10k. That sounds like a steal of a deal no matter what.

Comment

i'd be interested to know what DD paid for his, but i don't think he's telling.

Comment

I brokered that deal and I'm not telling either.

Rest In Peace, Eddie.

Comment

Otto,
                      I do not deny we had a private conversation in some long e-mails. I found it is not tome to make this public. I have never discussed about the price, I never wrote of even thought that the offered pricewas ridiculous !! You send me detailed pictures of the car, and thatmade me really in doubt, the car was really in another shape as I expected.
                      I realize theyare very hard to find. This summer a similar car is sold from TX to NewSealand; Few years ago one was soldfrom AZ to MI. Maybe I have to wait a few years, maybe Inever find the one I like, all in the game.
                      Over thelast 35+ years I did restore a number of cars (I still own them ) , and each time at the end of the project I came to the conclusion that the costs of restoration where always (much) higher than predicted. (I know, I have a high standard for my cars.) My other even more important doubt was if I really want to start a new project for aconsiderable amount of time and efforts. This, and only this was the reason I did not fly in, your price was not even partly the issue for my decision. In the case I have offended you in any way; I made an excuse in one of my mails.
                      I reallywish you good luck for the future.
                      JC.
                      Last edited by J.C. from Holland; 12-04-2013, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. from Holland View Post
                        Thank you for get me pointed to this advertisement on funeralcartrader. ,
                        Yesterday I found the ad. from Copart, and saw their price-indication. Are they from this planet? I
                        Thanks.
                        Without going into the details of our PM's, this statement shows you really don't know the value of a 1959 Park Row, and why in the end you probably will never own one. You would probably have more luck if you wanted a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air with factory installed fuel injection. My guess is those exist in greater numbers than 59 Park Rows, but because of deesirability, would command a far higher price. In fact you might end up paying more for a Fuel injected 57 Bel Air that was little better than a parts car, than a Pristine 59 park Row. The other problem is you are looking for a 1959 Park Row in 2013. If this was 1973, you could have more easily have found one. Even with the internet, finding a 1959 Park Row nowdays is going to be tough. If you can find one at all, it will likely be in worse shape than mine was, or it's going to be what you would regard as too high a price if it was in restored or in incredible original condition. I hope and I'm wrong, and you find what your looking for, so good luck on your search.

Comment

Just to let folks know, I heard today from the guy who will end up with my car, and I couldn't be happier. It won't end up as a Yecto, and at least he apreciated what a great car it is.

Comment

Working...
                          X