WTB - '72 Bumper Pieces and Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - '72 Bumper Pieces and Trim

Looking for straight (and preferably w/good chrome) bumper sections for my '72 Cad M-M coach.

In order of priority:
    1)Driver's side section w/backup light
    2)Pass. side section w/backup light
    3)Center top section
    Will consider the whole bumper assembly if nice.

Also, looking for a piece of the side trim (about 1/2" wide) for rear quarter panel, that goes from the rear marker light to the rear side door.

TIA
    -Thirsty-

i have a whole set of the side trim for a 72 M&M from when i took mine off and smoothed the body down. Give me a measurement to make sure i have the right peice.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
      i have a whole set of the side trim for a 72 M&M from when i took mine off and smoothed the body down. Give me a measurement to make sure i have the right peice.
      K, will do, ty.
      Now that you say this, actually I have been debating shitcanning the trim in favor of smoothing ... what did you do where the rear marker light is? The side trim just kinda "runs right through it" ... did you ditch the side marker light too?

Comment

Actually no, i came up with this fucking awesome idea, i cut a peice of the extra trim i had from a separate car, but just the bullet nosed tip of it where it would macth the back part of the market light, and then slid it onto the light peice. Made it look like it was supposed to be that way. It looked pretty freakin cool. You could do that, and then you can say you have one of only two cars in existance with that lighting/ trim setup.lol.

Comment

Actually no, i came up with this fucking awesome idea, i cut a peice of the extra trim i had from a separate car, but just the bullet nosed tip of it where it would macth the back part of the market light, and then slid it onto the light peice. Made it look like it was supposed to be that way. It looked pretty freakin cool. You could do that, and then you can say you have one of only two cars in existance with that lighting/ trim setup.lol.
          LOL ... sounds cool, got a pic?
          BTW, trim piece measures 61 1/4"

Comment

K ... so I am guessing that it was like a piece from the front fender?

Comment

yeah it was from the front fender.
              Alright, i'll let you know in a day or so if i have that peice. All that stuff is still in my parents garage.lol.

Comment

Hey, I havenm't forgotten about ya man, i just haven't had the chance to get over there and start digging through my mess of cadillac and buick parts yet. I'll get to it before the weekend i promise.

Comment

Hey, I havenm't forgotten about ya man, i just haven't had the chance to get over there and start digging through my mess of cadillac and buick parts yet. I'll get to it before the weekend i promise.
                  No prob. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Reincarnated Post ... Still Looking

Still looking for the bumper parts in the OP.

Thirsty

Comment

Still looking for the bumper parts in the OP.

Comment

Working...
                      X