Wanted...Insulator for Carter Carbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted...Insulator for Carter Carbie

Urgently seeking the bakelite insulator for between the two gaskets on the Carter Carby for the 390 V8 on our 59 Hearse. Exisitng one is broken into 3 pieces. The one we are after is the one without a port at the back.
    Desperately seeking as the hearse is dead without it.

I got my bakelite insulators from NAPA & CarQuest. I don't know if you can order them or not from their respective site.

I've bought them for a 500 Caddy, a 351M Ford & a 390 Ford. Try them, they might have it for the 390 Caddy.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by kaptinkaos View Post
      I got my bakelite insulators from NAPA & CarQuest. I don't know if you can order them or not from their respective site.

I've bought them for a 500 Caddy, a 351M Ford & a 390 Ford. Try them, they might have it for the 390 Caddy.

Good Luck
      Many thanks for the help I found a local place that sells the bakelite in the same thickness and type. They also machine it up to make perfect copies of the spacer. A good result. Thanks for those that offered help. Cheers Kaz

Comment

does it look like this?

i need one, whats the price your getting it at?

Comment

Chesty, I have a good used one for 25.00 plus shipping.

Comment

mine isnt to bad, just the nipple for the fronts broke partially, looks like i will try to cut it off and drill and tap the isolator for a barb fitting and epoxy its threads in there. just trying not to destory it in the process, i will take you up on the offer if i do destory it beyond use.

Comment

Working...
            X