Caddy Shift Indicator Cable Needed -- **Finder's Fee**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caddy Shift Indicator Cable Needed -- **Finder's Fee**

Well, I've had it with the local salvage yards and dealers around here....my '94 Eagle Hearse is in need of a shift indicator cable (small looped wire at one end and the other end of wire attached to small square column connector at other)....the locals want to sell me the entire cluster at $500 (GM dealer said they did not bust up the cluster to sell just the cable). CRAZY!!!!

I have exhausted all the yards and collectors here in central KY to no success.

If anyone has access to or knows of a cable that can be had--I will gladly throw in an agreed upon amount for finder's fee to fix me up. You guys/gals down in GA might know of one in those pull it parts locations????

PM if you know of such an animal. Other years beside '94 might work. This is the cable that runs from the shifter on the column to the gear indicator needle above the column.

Thanks in advance--Rick

sent ya a pm

Comment

can you post a pic? also, what make is the car: Lincoln, Caddy, Chevy....i was planning on heading to the parts yard tomorrow and I can try to scavenge one.

Comment

Don't have the part handy but it is probably around 6" of wire (at least up to the broken loop section) connected to a small 1/4" square metal that is solid on one side and has a hole in center on reverse fold side to attach to the column shifter. The loop part is still on the gear indicator gauge I guess (it hooks over the red needle part that moves when you put it in gear).

Oh yeah....it is a Cadillac.

Salvage yard here said his runners usually cut it when people bought the instrument panel and the owners used their old one--reason all the ones I found here are cut and no good.

Comment

So im guessing something outta a 1994 Caddy regardless of model is going to work. I'll keep my eyes open.

Comment

Found one....... Premium Salvage in Utah 801-746-3331
            20 bucks plus shipping.

Although, if they won't pull the part for you, I will charge 30 bucks for me to drive down there and pull it. so that would be $50 plus shipping. I know that may seem a little steep, but take into consideration it will cost me about 15 dollars round trip in gas and me having to pull the part myself.

In that case just call Shelly @ 801-721-5243
            Last edited by msc0nduct; 01-25-2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X