i think i'd like to buy a classic beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think i'd like to buy a classic beetle

for less than $2000. hopefully drivable. doesn't have to be pretty.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/569753821.html

Comment

yeah i saw those. i just need to unload the truck first

Comment

you're getting rid of your truck because you are tired of fixing it and you want to get a beetle?????!?!?!?!?

Comment

No kidding. There is a reason why I sold off all 5 of mine......

Comment

well if i want to be fixing something, i'd rather it be something a lot simpler without emissions, vacuum hoses, and weird sensors everywhere that always fuck up

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
              well if i want to be fixing something, i'd rather it be something a lot simpler without emissions, vacuum hoses, and weird sensors everywhere that always fuck up
              so just yank all that shit off of the truck and slap an intake for a carb and put a carb on it. don't you live in social circle now? no emissions. might have to swap out the distributor as well. unless you really want a bug but i'm telling you now you WILL ALWAYS be working on it. and this fallacy that you get great gas milage is just that you only get good gas milage in a stock 40hp engine. if you actually want something that will move out of it's own way. well the best i get (and this is when i granny it everywhere) is 22mpg. i average about 20

Comment

Can an aircooled engine sit and idle in traffic?

Comment

Originally posted by spastic_chicken View Post
                  Can an aircooled engine sit and idle in traffic?
                  yes

Comment

really? that's surprising, i figured the gas mileage would be a little better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                      really? that's surprising, i figured the gas mileage would be a little better than that.
                      depends on if you keep stock or mod it........stock isn't very fast on the highway.

Comment

ok so maybe it's not such a good idea. i do know that this truck is driving me the hell up the wall. it costs too much in gas to drive all over then place and then also deal with it's incredible bitchiness

Comment

you want good gas milage and reliability. go with a honda or a toyota. bug are cool. it's just that when you mod them to get out of there own way they lose that "great gas milage" plus with a bug you have to remember that most of them would be older than your hearse so... old car's need work all the time.
                          again not trying to talk you out of a bug. just trying to let you know what's up with em.

Comment

YO RYAN

I saw this on Athens craigslist. The guy has been trying to get rid of it for sometime. Says it need plugs and a battery to run. Thought i'd toss it up here.

http://athensga.craigslist.org/car/590018986.html

Comment

If you weren't so far away I could get you the hook up. We deal A LOT in old VeeDubs. If you want to pay shipping, I can find you a pretty decent one for around 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X