Fender Mount Funeral Flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Mount Funeral Flags

I'm looking for someone who is willing to let go of their fender mount Funeral Flags and all the hardware. I know you can buy them brand new at a few different places, but the ones I've found are 150 bucks and I was hoping that someone would like to part with theirs for a tad cheaper price. Lemme know.

i got mine for $12 a piece plus shipping from a funeral supply store online. they include a mast with magnetic base.

i'll see if i can remember where i got them

Comment

I'd rather have the ones that bolt into the inside of the fender but I don't think those would be too bad.

Comment

flags

apparently these things are kinda hard to find. several websites list them - but it looks like you'll have to call them to order

i've never seen the bolt-on ones. and seriously, i doubt you want them. you can usually get a ticket for "impersonating a funeral procession" if you drive around with those things on.

my advice is to get the magnetic ones and only display them when you're parked at car shows, in a funeral procession, or some kind of parade.

Comment

Oh yeah I was only plannin on putting them on when I was at a gathering or something of that sorts.Now don't quote me on this but the way it looks like it works is you bolt the actual mount to the inside fender and than when you're ready to fly the flag you tighten the flag pole in place. But those magnet ones look pretty good sittin on your car. I might just reconsider using those instead.

Comment

Pm or email me, I have a friend that has a few sets of magnet base ones and a few sets of window mounted ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
              you can usually get a ticket for "impersonating a funeral procession" if you drive around with those things on.
              Not in my state, and obviously you might want to check the laws of your state before hand. But THERE IS NO LAW ON THE BOOKS about having funeral flags on your car/hearse. Now you can't have the light on however unless you're actually in a procession (two or more cars) going from between the funeral home/church/cemetery during daylight hours (I checked, but wonder how this works for in home funerals). However you can have the light on parked and it is perfectly legal (again in my state of Michigan).

Wig-wags and PA systems are legal if they were a part of the original car (meaning you can buy them and say they came with the car and generally get away with it). Although if you use them in anything other than a parade/stationary expect big fines too. My advice is know the differences between a moving violation and a parking violation.

I was parked in front of a bar one night and when I came out (after 2) I had a cop parked right behind me. I go to get in my car and he calls me over (by name no less, like he'd be talking to someone else). He tells me it's a violation to have my underglow lights on, to which I reply "I thought it was a moving violation, I'm parked" and he said it didn't matter because it was a major street and city ordinance of Roseville prohibited it but if it was behind a sidewalk it was fine. I always meant to look that up but never got around to it as I don't visit that city much anyway. Cop was probably just being a dick because he could also.

Anyhow back on the main topic I gave my friend Daisy (who I sold my car to) some magnet mounted flags and they MELTED INTO THE HOOD! I have no idea how that happened but it must have been a hot day. They come off but there are now indentations in the paint from it.

The polls slide and twist on for the permanent mounts so they won't go anywhere (even at high speeds). I'm not sure about if the flag is removable on them or not though (I'd replace it with an older/different flag possibly for different occasions, like custom ones for my hearse club).

Seriously though check your local state/county/and city ordinances on top of the federal ones. Interesting statistic is that you break a law (just as a regular driver) every 20 seconds you're driving because there are enough traffic laws that if a cop wants to pull you over for something and knows the law well enough he can.

BTW I like the blue flags, first time I've actually seen those.

Comment

Not sure what the laws are in Oklahoma, but I really don't want to have to find out the hard way either. Flags will only go up at shows and such. Especially since I spend most of my time in other states, I don't need to create yet another reason to get pulled over.

Comment

yeah exactly. the car gets enough attention as it is. i try to be careful and not give the cops any extra incentive.

Comment

Are you doing anything illegal? No? Then I wouldn't worry about it.

One time I was doing a photoshoot with a friend and his hearse and the cops pulled up (around 12 AM when it was nice and dark). They didn't have any problem but did ask a few questions and one even wanted to take some photos of his own, which I got copies of

Act like you're doing nothing wrong and generally you'll be fine, even if you are. Don't take that (or anything else) for granted though and remember it's really easy to plant evidence and they're already inclined to believe the cop over you, especially if you've been convicted of anything before.

Comment

Its just a pain in the ass having to explain myself. Got pulled over in jersey(big surprise) after a 2 day road trip just about to pull into my hotel at around midnight just to have to explain that no oklahoma does not have front license plates and registration is not required to be present in the car at all times.

Comment

Info on the perm. post type--I have the smaller diameter posts if anyone needs a pair as the ones on my '94 require 1/8" posts (anyone have a set? email me please). The flags can be removed from the masts by the removal of a nut and then the round metal bar pushes out releasing the flag. The bar also keeps the flag in the upper section of the mast. That way you can fly the US flag for vets in a procession and change back to the funeral type when done.

Comment

Hi from Coosa, Georgia. My 68 MM Caddy parts car has the mounts bolted to the fender but no flag poles. Not sure what diameter, but if interested in the mounts let me know. Chris.

Comment

I'm definetely interested, I can always make some real nice flag poles at the machine shop I work at during my time off. I'm headed back out tomorrow with my traveling job, give me a couple of weeks to get some good cash rollin back in and i will definetely buy them off of ya.

Comment

Hi from Coosa, Georgia. Actually the flag mounts are bolted to the hood come to think of it. I will take some pics of them tomorrow if the pasture isn't too flooded. It's been raining like a bitch here lately. Thanks, CF.

Comment

Working...
                              X