Purple lamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple lamps?

Anyone know where to get purple head lamps or lenses for my 64?

Originally posted by STODD View Post
    Anyone know where to get purple head lamps or lenses for my 64?

I cannot imagine they'd be any harder to do than modern ones.

I assume that is what you were wanting to do.

Comment

I bought the headlamp conversion kit where you have a removable H4 bulb. At the bottom there is a small 194 bulb and socket. You could buy an "oversize" 194 purple led and install it. It wont be very bright, but well seen in the dark.

The other idea would be to find something like this.

Comment

I've seen a lot of people use paint too (clear though, not regular paint). Obviously it has to cure right and can flake but if done right it will look fine.

Comment

STODD, i asked on professionalcar.org about colored headlights for you & got 2 replies on sources. Here's what info surfaced:
          I had bought mine from YelloKote. Barry J Kutz 4327 Ravensworth Rd. Suite 813, Annandale, VA 22003-2612 1-800-733-2612 kustomkarparts.com
          Depends on what size you are trying to match, but search on GE 4436R (6") or GE 4413R (5.5") for starters.
          Maybe change the "R" to a "P" because i'm assuming that stands for red & you want purple. Let us know what you find out...

Comment

I found out that website kustomkarparts.com is down and is just a generic search site.

Comment

You could also try your local film equipment or light equipment rental store. They usually have a full selction of gels so you could find just about any color you wanted. Find the color you want, how much tint you want, cut to fit and poof! Instant purple!

Comment

I got mine from the Yellokote guy a few years ago on Ebay. I think what he was doing was taking a normal headlight and coating the front with a stained glass paint from a hobby supply store. They looked good and worked well. He offered several colors of lights.

Comment

Working...
                X