windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield

I'm looking for a windshield for my 73 hearse. I have talked to a couple of glass places and the price is the same, $750 (glass and installation). I don't want to have to spend that much, just for a windshield. Does anybody here have or know someone who has a hearse they are parting out? I believe the windshield is the same from 71-76.

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
    I'm looking for a windshield for my 73 hearse. I have talked to a couple of glass places and the price is the same, $750 (glass and installation). I don't want to have to spend that much, just for a windshield. Does anybody here have or know someone who has a hearse they are parting out? I believe the windshield is the same from 71-76.
    I would be careful that they are even getting the correct glass. I have been to about 6 glass places and none can even get a windshield. One was confident he could but when it actually arrived it was nowhere near correct.

Comment

The only company that makes the glass is Pilkington. I had called the glass company first and they told me a little over $200. I told them that couldn't be right and went down the next day and so they could looked at the windshield. The glass company said their price is over $600. I've been able to find most everything for my hearse, but it's expensive. I found the fabric and it's $75 a yard. That's why my seat still is not fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
        The only company that makes the glass is Pilkington. I had called the glass company first and they told me a little over $200. I told them that couldn't be right and went down the next day and so they could looked at the windshield. The glass company said their price is over $600. I've been able to find most everything for my hearse, but it's expensive. I found the fabric and it's $75 a yard. That's why my seat still is not fixed.
        I purchased a windshield for my 65 Cadillac M&M combo from Pilkington Classics for $450 Dec/09. Part# DW00678. Shipped from Columbus Ohio to Alliston Ontario Canada additional $150. Plus another $150 to install. Excellent deal compared to Bartlestone Glass Distributor in N.J. who wanted $706 plus $277 to ship it to Alliston. Speak to Shawn at Pilkington, he seems to be the most knowlegeable.

Comment

I got a windshield from someone on this board a few months back. It has already been installed. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X