59 MM glass and Flite-Fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 MM glass and Flite-Fin

I recently stumbled upon a 59 MM and one of the previous owners decided to bust out the passenger rear wrap-around glass because he was a painter and needed to put his ladder in. Also if anyone knows where I can find some flite-fin trim I would be much appreciative!

*UPDATE* I also need the jump seats, anybody...bueller?
    Last edited by SuperSnake; 05-29-2009, 01:38 AM.

Sent that email inquiry out as mentioned.

Comment

Excellent, thanks Atti!

Comment

Bump....see title and first post. Check out the thread too! http://nationalhearse.net/forums/sho...4532#post34532

Comment

Thanks for the reminder... Never heard back via email. Guess I'll have to look for that number and make time to catch him.

Comment

Transposing '58 over '59 glass and eyeballing they look the same. Can you confirm this?

If so, I have a lead for you. They're etched with ambulance stripes however. Better? You may be able to buy all of them.

Comment

You are the man!

Comment

No word on the '58 glass yet. Viewed another coach that may broaden your parts parameters further:

Doesn't this CB really look like MM's glass? Wouldn't be surprised if the same supplier fed both companies.

Happy Googling junkyards!
                Last edited by 60Crown; 08-03-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I would say so, that front glass looks rather familiar also, hhmmm.....

Comment

From coachbuilt.com:

In its early years, Cotner-Bevington was more a small conversion firm than a specialized professional car builder, and its products reflected that fact. Cotner-Bevington specialized in Oldsmobiles but also is known to have built a number of Chevrolet and Buick coaches from 1959-1962. General Motors supplied C/B with kits made up of unfinished Oldsmobile Super 88 and Olds 98 cowl and chassis. C-B stretched the wheelbase to 150 inches and equipped the cars with commercial (extra-high) side glass and completely jig-built, all steel bodies. Although they used it in their side windows, C-B didn't go to a commercial glass windshield until 1965.

Translation? They didn't have that rear glass made.

Comment

Or it seems the aluminum trim either...

Comment

Working...
                      X