factory exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory exhaust

Looking to find a pre made factory exhaust from the manifolds back to where it singles out. Any One still offer these. 1972 472 cid. Thanks Ray

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
    Looking to find a pre made factory exhaust from the manifolds back to where it singles out. Any One still offer these. 1972 472 cid. Thanks Ray
    So you are saying you need the Y-pipe? I just took the exhaust off my '68 superior w/472 cid. I have not yet taken off the y-pipe but might.. If you are in dire need then let me know..

Comment

I bent Mine unloading it, it can be saved with heating and twisting, but its a mess. USA parts listed a new one for a 71-72 caddy but says its not for the commercial chassis. I would have thought the manifolds would have been the same. I can try to get one built in town, but would be hard as the origional is out of shape. Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Ray

Comment

you can have one made
        it seems not all years match on the cc anyway
        i think it ran about 60.00 for the y

in my old book and this is weird 68 69 are the same y pipe but the 69 & 70 are the same car almost hummmmmm
        maremount exhaust systems from the 1983 book
        68-69 ys1627
        70 ys2577
        71-74 ys2603
        75-76 no # showing
        i do know a 75-76 will not work on a 70...

don't know if maremount is still around but the #s might cross
        Attached Files
        Last edited by northgahearse; 10-12-2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I guess They do have different ones, My pipe runs along the pass side of the car.

Comment

I had my exhaust redone, but he said he could redo the y pipe. She had a small hole before the y, he patched that. The reason I had all the exhaust replaced was I was under Her and I pushed the pipe and it went in.

Comment

Any good/decent exhaust guy should be able to bend/build a Y pipe. If not, he needs to close his doors.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
                Any good/decent exhaust guy should be able to bend/build a Y pipe. If not, he needs to close his doors.
                Yea.... what he said... My exhaust runs down drivers side and the crossover from the right side is in front of the oil pan. I am removing it to open up and let the motor breath, It sounds like a jet taking off when I accelerate. The tail pipe is 1 3/4"ID.

Comment

On the road again. Got My pipe from KLASSKOLLECTION in North Carolina. Very nice piece. They can make just about everything for the older cars.

Comment

Working...
                  X