Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The little bolt/clamp thingies that hold name plaques...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The little bolt/clamp thingies that hold name plaques...

In my rear doors I have holes where these things used to be. I am now wanting to put some steal name plaques in the windows, but don't have the clamp thingies. Does anyone have some, or know where I can get them? I looked on ebay but I could not find them in my blind search. So, if someone could assist me in the name of them I really would appreciate it. If I could find them that would be really terrific. I don't know if they are make and years specific, so if they are (In case some of you don't remember what I have) it is for a 1955 Cadillac Miller Combo. I think my coach is a combo, both rear doors open suicide and my back door opens. Yeah, I feel like a reject. Just thought I would add that.

Name Card Holders on here. http://www.hearseparts.com/products.html But i've heard this place is kinda expensive. Keep askin around on here. Some one usually has some extras, or a machine shop could make you some. Not much to them. I just started back to work at a machine shop, and don't know what i can get away with yet.
    Last edited by dead ed; 07-29-2010, 08:18 PM. Reason: forgot to put in the link

Comment

Lemme look through that pile of stuff I pulled outta' that Cash for Clunkers Suburban hearse.....
      I may have a set if you don't mind it not being period correct.

Comment

Anything would be appreciated if it will work. I don't care about it being the same year stuff as long as it goes in. Thanks guys.

Comment

I noticed that link has removable roller beds for coffins too. In the future (When I can afford it) I need to look into getting one of these. I have several people in the car show circuit that want my coach to be their last ride, so all I would have to do is take out my rear seat and put those rollers in and I would be good to go, ya think?

Comment

Ah........the elusive "casket table' for a combination....
            It was damn sure easier to find a cot hook! Took six years for me to turn up a casket table for the Flxible.
            A combo is usually set up for a gurney on the left, and the casket table on the right.......right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsa Guy View Post
              Ah........the elusive "casket table' for a combination....
              It was damn sure easier to find a cot hook! Took six years for me to turn up a casket table for the Flxible.
              A combo is usually set up for a gurney on the left, and the casket table on the right.......right?
              Hell if I know, all I have back there now is carpet. All the important parts and clues are long gone. I didn't do it, I bought it that way.

Comment

The hearse sign holders are typically called "nameplate holders" I may be able to get a set for you from a '50 - '53 hearse a buddy picked last year. Combination coaches are typically set up 3 ways... they'll have "flip-over rollers" that have a latch to actually reverse each roller... smooth on one side & a roller on the other. 2nd style is flip over panels that recess into the floor... smooth on one side & rollers on the other, 3rd style is a smooth floor with a series of small round inserts to accept a "skeleton rack" which is the roller rack you mentioned.

Here is a shot of my '67 Miller-Meteor combination coach, if you look you'll notice the right floor panel is flipped over with 2 rollers showing, while the left one is flipped with the smooth side up...

A combo gets set up for one or the other. In hearse mode a casket is centered on the floor just like a straight hearse. Ambulance mode they make every attempt to keep the casket rollers not exposed, makes it easier for the attendants to move around without breaking their ass on a roller LOL!

Comment

Would a coach of that vintage use the clamp style holders or the type for the nameplates with mounting stems on them?

Comment

On my '51 Superior it has clamp style nameplate holders in the rear doors & loading door, but the dash used nameplates with stems on them. The '67 M-M & '66 Superior ambulance both have clamp style only. I have 2 old vintage nameplates that were bought on ebay. One says "funeral coach" and the other says "invalid coach" and both of them can be used for either style, the pins are threaded in case you have clamp style holders. The "funeral coach" one is in the back window of the '80 S&S Victoria so I had to take the pins off that one.

Here's the '51...

This is that very old nameplate in the S&S...

Comment

All I know is the holes are there, other than that, I have no clue what goes in those holes.

Comment

This what you're after?
                        Generic name plate holders.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

shelly where are you getting the name plaques im looking for some for mary

Comment

I have a place called hell bent that I am going to have do estimates.

Comment

Working...
                              X