rear door handle covers..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear door handle covers..?

handle 1.jpghandle 2.jpgHi can't find a replacement here.. I have tried. I'm hoping a member will have one (or two) floating around somewhere. looking for the little plastic cover on the rear door handle one is broken, and missing and the other one is pictured. The sizes are: 2 & 3/8ths long (sorry I'm still working in old money not the new metric..!) 1 & 3/8 wide, with two holes at 3/4 inch apart. I have added a couple of pics of the handles and as you can see they are 12" long, with an end cap missing the hole centres are 3/4 of an inch, and they screw through to hold them on. It may seem trivial, but it will finish the door off when opened. I can send $$ through the post, paypal, or whatever you prefer. Thanks again.1.jpg3.jpg2.jpgHandle.jpg
    Last edited by ukdoa; 11-17-2010, 03:21 PM.

What kind of coach is it off of?

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
      What kind of coach is it off of?
      Hi, its an '87 Caddy S&S Victoria !Bkulo7g!Wk~$(KGrHqYH-CYEs+V-!tu!BLYwg-,l4w~~_12[1].jpg. I know it seems a trivial part, but it will finish it off, It dosen't matter if there are two, as long as they match (I think there should be some sort of cover over the the top of the screws, as the one that's on has some sord of sticky residue) thanks for your help... I simply can't find anything close over here.

Comment

They never stay on. The covers on the wife's 1990 Eureka fly off every time I slam the door. I'll look under the floor. She might have one extra.

Comment

Hi Ed, thanks for that - It's such a great looking coach, I'm working my way through all the little jobs, and this would be another box to tick of jobs done, if you could find one. Thanks again for looking.

Comment

My old motorhome has chrome steel ones that measure 2 1/4 and 1 1/4, a little smaller but may give You another option to look at.

Comment

hi thank you, for that I'll certainly consider it.

Comment

Standard GM replacement part. Should turn up at Napa, pep boys, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by dead ed View Post
                  They never stay on. The covers on the wife's 1990 Eureka fly off every time I slam the door. I'll look under the floor. She might have one extra.
                  The ones on the wife's Eureka were different (only one screw hole). And now she is missing one. Probably fell off when she had the door open at the last show.

Comment

When you find some, put a little glob of RTV on the back & they won't fall off again.

Comment

Hi trying to locate stuff here is difficult - we don't have a napa or pepboys in ths country, and they wont post on to the uk... still thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

They snap on right. I have 4 of them if they are correct. I ll measure them and see.

Comment

The ones I have snap onto the screwed down part. I think they are different. Oh and the measurement looks more like 2 1/16 not 2 3/8 in the picture.

Comment

Ok your in luck. In the "HELP" section of major auto parts chain. Those are the oddball parts with the red packages. There is what you need, The complete handle with covers is part number 77202 for $8

Comment

Thanks everyone managed to get a new door handle set from ebay.com (in America) thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X