Wanted: 67 Cadillac Hearse/Ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 67 Cadillac Hearse/Ambulance

Hello my fellow odd-ball hearse-loving people!

I must say I have no knowledge of cars or even how they work mechanically -yet! None the less I am looking for my beloved object of my dreams: a 67 Cadillac Hearse/Ambulance. Since at the time period a hearse and an ambulance were used within the same car, THAT is what I am looking for. I am maybe hoping to find one around 2000 IF AT ALL possible. I do not know anything about cars or even prices of the classics such as a 67 Cady, I just am in love with the body styles of the 60's and am reallyyyyy hoping to discover one waiting for me to buy! I would love to spend time renovating it as my first project with cars. It doesn't have to run but it should be in a good shape in which could be redone fairly easily (this will my my first project!) If you could help me out in any way with inofrmation regarding what I am getting myself into, where to search for such a hearse, or ANYTHING that could help a hearse newbie, that would be beyond helpful.

I have a 63 Combo under restoration. Rust has been taken care of. Car runs & drives, new brake system, Price is currently at 8,000

Comment

Jaxed.com Search hearse. Someone will probably come along and give You the link.

Comment

Most of us will suggest the same thing... do your research & learn about them first. You're in the right place, so take your time & read the forums. You've got a tall order to fill dude... sounds like you want a "combination coach" with a good body & little money to spend. They are out there for $2000 but you usually get a rusty carcass for that kind of cash. Combination coaches are fairly common so-to-speak... as the ambulance services back in the 1960's were operated by funeral homes. To save on money & size of their fleet, a combo coach was the way to go, keep it set up as an ambulance for emergency runs, and switch it over to do a funeral.
        Since you have a basic idea of what you want, in our forums alot of us post pictures in our threads. Also use the "gallery" tab on the forums, some members have photo albums there. Get to know the cars & what coachbuilder you prefer. Going back to the 1960's each coachbuilder had very different & unique styling. The 3 biggest coachbuilders were Miller-Meteor (M-M), Sayer & Scovill (S&S), and Superior. I prefer the Superiors due to their arched roofline & aggressive look in the 1960's although I own & have owned several different makes. You have to keep in mind too that production numbers were VERY low each year, since coachbuilders would keep their showroom full to show off their craftsmanship... and everything else they built was already sold before the build began.
        Since you posted you like that '67 hightop VERY much in the member clubs section... meet "Miamitown"... my 1966 Cadillac Superior 51" hightop ambulance. Welcome to the NHAA you'll like it here!

Do your homework, save your money, don't get in a hurry, & you'll find what you're looking for.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks guys for the information! I love the Superiors definitely. I am located in Oklahoma but am willing to have a very broad search area because I have something specific I amlooking for. I am willing to do just about anything! Looking for something that doesn't run right now just because my budget is limited and I know a running hearse costs more. I will keep looking through these threads thank you all for replying!

Comment

Can score a decent starting point for about a grand in East TX, not that far away: '67 S&S Landau, no motor, cracked windshield, clean title. Been trying to get the guy down on price but he hasn't moved.

Comment

Do you have pictues?

Comment

Body is straight/accident free. Very few pinholes of rust anywhere (I've looked extensively). Front bumper ends are cherry - bonus.

Comment

Working...
                  X