WTB: Hearse in Asheville, NC - reliable transportation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Hearse in Asheville, NC - reliable transportation

Need a good reliable hearse in Asheville, NC. Looking to buy one to take my band on tour in, so needs to be reliable enough to drive long distances.

Older the better, 50s-60s top priority, 70s second priority, 80s-90s lowest priority.

Color isn't important, doesn't need a good paint job, would actually like to coat it in a flat black and stencil my bands logo on the side. Need the back and rollers intact, and not hacked up with extra seats or anything.

This is on craigslist, http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/2194048861.html. Looks to be in decent shape. I would suggest getting a newer coach if you are planning to use it as a tour car for your band. Better mileage, easier to find parts, not long out of service (meaning it should be taken care), easier to find and cheaper than older in the same condition.

Comment

LOL @ reliable 50s-60s coaches. Has anyone ever told you these things are high maintenance?

Comment

That would turn into a very expensive novelty item. Any car that old is. You'll end up trading it for a microphone!

Comment

hey peyton do these look familer ??

Comment

I guess I didn't think too much about it since I have ASE certification in engine repair, auto electrical, and brakes. I figured the older ones would be easier to work on, less electronic stuff.

@rum_runner69: I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

There is some logic in that, but old cars have time against them. Something that's really well taken care of will be expensive. I've rebuilt a lot of old cars into good transportation but you gotta go through them with a fine tooth comb. Even that adds up after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawk Freak View Post
                There is some logic in that, but old cars have time against them. Something that's really well taken care of will be expensive. I've rebuilt a lot of old cars into good transportation but you gotta go through them with a fine tooth comb. Even that adds up after a while.
                + Some parts can be nonexistent

Comment

I guess a better question is, will driving a hearse make a tour of the southeast from NC to FL to DC, and various spots in between, cost insane amounts of money in fuel? How would it really compare to a loaded down van?

Comment

That craigslist Suburban would look like a good compromise. Kinda cool but a little more realistic to keep running.

Comment

I bought the '81 that Abnormal posted from Craigslist. Got it for $2050, seems to run fine, and hopefully it will be reliable for the band.

Comment

Cool, that is a decent looking car for that money. Glad you found one that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                          I bought the '81 that Abnormal posted from Craigslist. Got it for $2050, seems to run fine, and hopefully it will be reliable for the band.
                          Glad I could help. Post some pictures. If you're every down close to Charlotte NC, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                          X