Wanted to Buy - Curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to Buy - Curtains

I am a seamstress and i am noticing the lack of availability of curtains .I am loooking for any curtains , any shape, any condition I only have 2 styles right now to use as a general pattern but I would love to have more to meet everyones needs. i could even return your original to you if wanted. Thanks so much

I know someone looking for some, I'll pass along the message.

Mine suck as they are permanently attached to my car and I can't even adjust them :/

Comment

Permanently attatched? How is that?
      Here are some I just made as mine were 40+years old and trashed as hell

2 (1).jpg
      2 (2).jpg
      9.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Teardrop View Post
        I am a seamstress and i am noticing the lack of availability of curtains .I am loooking for any curtains , any shape, any condition I only have 2 styles right now to use as a general pattern but I would love to have more to meet everyones needs. i could even return your original to you if wanted. Thanks so much
        I have a rear loading door window set from a 70 MM that I can send you. PM me with your address and I will send them to you this week.

As a seamstress, maybe you can answer a question for me... Is it possible to save vintage fabric? The headliner in my 62 MM is coming apart at the seams, but the fabric is in great shape despite a few water marks from near the windshield. I would love to save it and reuse it. Can the vintage material be fused to another fabric to give it strength and then restitched for the headliner again?

Comment

If it is still good yes it can be sewn back together. Happens alot with older stuff. The fabric is great while the thread was cheap and doesnt last. And yea a fusible interfacing can be applied to the back of the fabric to stiffen and strengthen. WOuld just mean removing all the prices to work on then reinstall the headliner.

Tammy I have the patterns I made from my 72 MM if you would like copies of them?

Comment

I will take extra care when I remove the material. I was going to consider dry-cleaning the fabric and see what happens. Thanks for the pattern offer. I really appreciate it, though I think that 72 would be too new for mine. Let me know if you want the curtains that I have from the 70 MM.

Comment

OOps
              I mean teardrop I have the 72 pattern if you want to copy.

Comment

Working...
              X