Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *WTB* 59-64 spot light (driver side)

Anybody have one of these for sale?

find them on ebay all day long. Just get the shaft measurement.

Comment

I've got about 15 Unity spotlights in different configurations... but not that specific mount. If you get desperate let me know!

Comment

1960 Cadillac Ambulance Search Light with Mirror

Comment

I need that specific mounting base.
          Gameover: thats almost perfect! but i dont want the mirror.
          Wayne: out of curiosity, what are you asking for the lights? what sizes do you have? and what condition?
          So far so good, Thank you all so much!

Comment

I'll take some pictures later this week & post them to this thread of the spotlights. Some are for parts only, but there's at least 5 - 6 of them that appear to be in good & complete condition... not rusty. As Pyro said, you need to know how long of a shaft you need, as mine all vary in lengths. These are all old & not modern knock-offs, I suppose $40 would work for a really nice one... have no idea what they are worth really.

Comment

What year and type of car is it going on? There are 4 or 5 different brackets for 58-64, if it's for Cadillac. They are also different depending on drivers or passengers side.
              Last edited by R U INJRD; 03-16-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

It will be going on a 1963 Cadillac Superior, though you cant tell, its the same car as in the picture.
                I figure if i can find this mount, all I'll need is the light with the appropriate length. does that seem right?

Comment

The bracket number you are looking for should be 178 for the drivers side, 178RH for passenger. Unity normally has a very good parts search online on their website, but it is currently disabled. Usually you can find what is correct for your car, or if you have a bracket but don't know what it fits they have a reverse search. I'm not sure what length of shaft you should be looking for, but all of them should fit. Depending on the length they may not be long enough, or they may hit something on the interior.

For the one in that ebay auction, you should be able to sell JUST the spotlight for AT LEAST $100, if not more, in that conditon, and keep the bracket for yourself. Mirror spotlights are rare to begin with, and are next to impossible to find without rust. I saw one last year at a swap meet in about that shape and the guy wanted $400 for it. That's high for one that needs a full restoration, but that's what I'm starting to see in the wild. That spotlight in pristine condition is an easy $600-$800, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by R U INJRD View Post
                    For the one in that ebay auction, you should be able to sell JUST the spotlight for AT LEAST $100, if not more, in that conditon, and keep the bracket for yourself. Mirror spotlights are rare to begin with, and are next to impossible to find without rust. I saw one last year at a swap meet in about that shape and the guy wanted $400 for it. That's high for one that needs a full restoration, but that's what I'm starting to see in the wild. That spotlight in pristine condition is an easy $600-$800, if not more.
                    Superior used these for both '59 and '60 model years. Can back this up with multiple pictures of original coaches.

Guess who happens to be sitting on an uber rare matching right hand mount unit..?

Comment

If anybody has this part im still interested! Atti, what are you asking for the driver side? pics?

Comment

Right side = passenger side.

Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my storage facility to take a couple pics for you. Flipped through thousands in this laptop and can't locate what folder they were incorrectly stuck in. Not sure I really want to sell but will show what it looks like when possible.

Comment

I really just need the driver side bracket. my friends are idiots and will play with the passenger side and get me in trouble....
                          Last edited by Dr.Feelgood; 06-24-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Hopefully you won this auction:

Almost bid just to have a matched pair again, then realized I 'prolly wouldn't use them anyway. So cheap it was tough to let slide...

Pick-up only was a listing mistake, I asked beforehand.

Comment

Atti, I did win it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X