Wheel balancer kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel balancer kits

In order to get my hubcaps to go on my wheels, I need the proper balancers I am told. Belle Tire told me that I will need about 2 ounces for each tire to properly balance the tire along with being able to get my hubcaps on there. Anyone know where I can get these? I didn't find anything on ebay or an internet search so far. I just bought the missing hubcap I needed and I can't get the damn things on there.

tell them to just use tape wheel weights on the wheel. if the shop can't figure out how to balance your tires with tape weights you need to never ever have your vehicle worked on by them again.

Comment

I'm lost??? You are talking about two things that are completely unrelated to each other (I think). Wheel balancing weights should have no bearing on whether or not your hubcaps go on.

Can you post a picture of the wheel and hubcap?

Comment

ya they do, the weights can interfere with the clips on the hub caps. If the weights are to thick the clips can't fit into the rims on some hub caps. A lot of people just cut slots into the clips of the hub caps to go around the weights. Then they fit in. I have run into this problem several times.

Comment

Take them to any tire shop & tell them you want the wheels "static balanced" this is what i always do. Static balancing puts all the weights on the inside rim lip, not inner & outer. Even if they're still using a Coats spin balancer THEY should have suggested this to you. Hell... on every spin balancer there's a "Static" button for cases like this. Push the button & it will digitally display where to put the weights on the inner rim only. Works like a charm!

I do this because I run custom rims, and every time someone pounds on wheel weights that leaves a nasty area to start peeling or tarnishing. They say a static balance isn't a true balance but i've never had a complaint. This is the quickest & easiest solution for you for stock rims or custom, I can't believe the tire shop didn't suggest it

Comment

There are standard type wheel weights with extra long clips that move the weight about 1/4 of an inch away from the edge made just for Cadillac style wheel covers from the 60's and 70's but you'll need to find an "old guy" to know what you're talking about.

Comment

Before I saw any replies to my thread, my mechanic told me to take it to Discount Tire, which said they can Static Balance my tires, in which they did for $40 all tires. I was now able to put my hubcaps on finally. Looks a lot better with the original Caddy caps than the Buick ones that were on it lol. Thanks guys! Problem solved

Comment

I have the local shop by the house use the sticky weights. Just ask for them.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
                  I have the local shop by the house use the sticky weights. Just ask for them.
                  The only bad thing about them is their placement and/or clearance issues. I've had them put on more than once & they sometimes hit on the brakes (front disc brakes that is)

Comment

Since I mount and balance tires for work I HATE sticky weights. But yes, I was going to add that they could 'static' balance them. Wait until you get a deep wheel that has to have the tire mounted from the backside because of the wheel. Used tire guy next to us can't do anything over an 18 since he has an old Coats machine so we get his customers that 'run dem big rims'.

Comment

Working...
                    X