Looking for Bier Pins and plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Bier Pins and plates

Looking for both to fabricate a table. Might be interested in rollers/sliders as well. If someone knows of an entire table, even better! I'm in the Kansas City area, but willing to possibly drive a ways, or have shipped.

For an actual hearse - or the PT Cruiser? 'Cuz a table isn't going to come close to fitting in that thing. And if you were thinking of a full table aspect just to strip for parts, the cost + shipping would leave you on the short end.

Comment

For an eight foot trailer.

Comment

if you just use a bier pin for a casket on a trailer then theres a huge chance youll loose your casket, single axle leaf spring trailers bounce around alot, you need something to hold it down. maybe some leather straps while its in motion?

Comment

Since the casket will be bolted to the trailer floor for travel, I'm sure it won't be going anywhere. I'm looking for the bier pins and rollers for appearances. As much as I would like a "functioning" table, it isn't practical, my deal with my insurance won't cover it if it isn't "attached", and it won't prevent someone from stealing the casket. Before you mention bolting it down and having locks on it won't be theft proof, I already know that if someone wants something they will get it. The biggest chunk of theft is prevented by deterrents, thieves generally like easy targets, not ones that require tools and brains.

Comment

ah didnt know you were bolting it down

Comment

If you still need a set of bier pins, PM me. I have 2 spare sets. Had a couple sets of floor tracks and skid plates too but sold them last year.

Comment

And if you still need rollers, bier plates, and runners, drop me an email.

Comment

Originally posted by creepypt View Post
                  Since the casket will be bolted to the trailer floor for travel, I'm sure it won't be going anywhere. I'm looking for the bier pins and rollers for appearances. As much as I would like a "functioning" table, it isn't practical, my deal with my insurance won't cover it if it isn't "attached", and it won't prevent someone from stealing the casket. Before you mention bolting it down and having locks on it won't be theft proof, I already know that if someone wants something they will get it. The biggest chunk of theft is prevented by deterrents, thieves generally like easy targets, not ones that require tools and brains.
                  What if you enclosed the trailer with glass sides & a wooden roof? Then you'd be able to make some drapes to put inside it and wouldn't have to worry so much about stuff falling out on rough roads. Would also protect the hardware. Most of it is usually just chromed steel, which means it'll rust if exposed to the elements.

Comment

Yeah, I've thought about sides and a roof, but that cuts into my weight, and would have to remove easily for vacations and such. The PT Cruiser has a GCWR of about 4500 pounds. Take off 3200 for car, I'm figuring around 700 for my four passengers, 75 for a full tank of gas, 100 pounds max for trailer tongue weight, and that leaves about 400 pounds inside the car. The main goal of the trailer was to lose luggage from the inside on trips. With luggage, costumes, cooler, etc., the car wasn't at it's weight limit, but sometimes bounces the axles off the bump stop on rough spots of pavement. So the trailer title says it's 350 pounds, but the manufacturer says less than 300. It has a weight capacity of 1200 pounds, and the car has a tow capacity of 1000 pounds. So, 700 pounds max on the trailer, or 500 if the casket is mounted.
                    So anyway, if the casket comes off the trailer for vacations, it saves me the casket's 200 pounds.
                    I could of course get a different vehicle. Something more suited to vacations, or towing. But that would take the fun out of what I do have. After all, why a PT Cruiser? How many times has anyone been asked, "Why a hearse?"

Comment

Rated @ 1000 pounds towing is a joke. Just about any car - PT Cruiser included - will handle 1500 pounds easily. There is a buffer for legal reasons manufacturers implore.

I logged over 70k miles combined pulling a 700 pound 5x10 trailer behind my two 121hp Subaru Legacy wagons, which was rated @ 2000 pounds towing. Most of those miles were loaded between 1700-1900 and were easy breezy. Largest was 2850 which required ample stopping distance. CVs ended up being replaced more frequently and I ended up losing 3rd gear in each car from added stress. Mind you I took the 1st to 296k miles, the 2nd around 272k miles.

Long story short, don't over think your every last pound. That car will handle it fine. Not that I'm not advocating safety.

I passed a Dodge Omni with NH plates going south through the mountains from VA into NC headed to Daytona for Bike Week in '93 or '94. It was pulling a 4x8 with two full dressers - easily 1450 pound load plus trailer weight. Few days later I ran into the guys down there after remembering the bikes. They said it wasn't that big of a deal, although up steep inclines speed topped out @ 39mph. A friggin' Dodge Omni. You have a PT.

Comment

One of the benefits of working across several different types of car forums: more info. The PT Cruiser guys did some digging years ago, and the Euro Cruisers were rated 1500 pounds towing for gas, 1700 for diesel. So I'm not worried too much about an overload. Like you said, just trying to keep some safety buffer. If I was hauling plywood home from the hardware store locally, I'd have no qualms about 700-800 pounds of lumber on my trailer. Chrysler registered the PTs as a truck with the government. That's how they got around the current CAFE standards for gas mileage. They only get about 25 mph on the highway, usually. They are related to the Dodge Neon, but there's more body work, and more subframe. So they aren't a truck, but I'd guess that put to the test, they woudl fare much better than any car close to the same category.
                        My roommate has an Impreza we're building up to rally in the stock class. And so far what I've seen is they are tough little cars.
                        I'm not sure if that was a kudos in the direction of my own car or not, but if was, thanks for the support!

Comment

Working...
                        X