NEED: 1978 Cadilac superior windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED: 1978 Cadilac superior windshield

I need a windshield for my 1978 Cadillac superior commercial chassis. I can not find anyone who has that windshield. Please help. lol

Talked to a friend in NC tonight who probably has one. Specifically, he has a few still in parts cars and only needs one good windshield for a coach yet to be restored. So after Xmas he'll get an exact count of how many don't have cracks/pecks/blemishes. He says that these are flimsy pieces of glass not easily removed. Because of this, $400 for a good windshield as he will pay a glazier to take it out. Typical wire cutting removal doesn't work well.

Comment

ok, im definitely interested. i can have the money for it on the 1st of the year. i will have a company here in NH do the work. if you could let him know, that'd be good.

Comment

3 windshields total: 2 are perfect (1 he'll keep) - 1 has a light wiper scratch on passenger side that will need polished. His one also has a tiny peck, to small to even vacuum/resin. He called around today for glass removal quotes. Best received was $75 on location. This bumped price to $400 for one that needs polished, $450 for perfect one.

Comment

ok, i want the perfect one, how do i go about paying your friend and how do we go about shipping it?

Comment

You could go to http://www.racingshields.com/

And probably never have to buy a windshield again.

Comment

good idea, but can you run wipers on these ?

Comment

I would think so. They do offer scratch resistant coating.

All the off-shore boats and 24 hour race cars that they offer windshields for have wipers.

Comment

Working...
                X