Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse Wanted

Hey All,

So I'm super new, but recently decided that I want to pursue getting my dream car. I don't have tons of money to blow, but that's ok because I'm not super choosy. My preference would be to get a late 70s Cadillac that runs well with very little upkeep required, but I realize I'll probably have to compromise some.

If you are selling a hearse, especially if you're located on the west coast (I'm in Southern California), and you are interested in selling it to a person looking to become really passionate about the cars, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I'm really, really serious about this, and I do have some money saved ready to go. Maybe we can work out a deal.

Now I'm gonna do that thing where I reply to my own thread, which is almost always lame, but I forgot to include some stuff:

I've been aggressively searching Craigslist and Ebay, and either haven't been in the right place at the right time, or whatever. So far no good. I've also called several funeral homes here in southern California to no avail. I've gone to car shows and I've really been trying to figure out all the angles.

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that, in a perfect world (so...), I really like the hearse/ambulance combination with the seats that fold up in the back... Again, since I'm looking for a starter-hearse I have no unrealistic expectations about lightning striking just perfectly. But man, if it did...

Comment

63 Cad M&M combo. Almost finished with a resto job. 17,000 obo

Comment

Pyro's MM is killer if you can afford it.

Have you gone through the classifieds here? I was going to suggest that you also post on Phantom Coaches message boards but noticed that you already have.

Comment

Pyro's seems pretty great, but I think it's outta my range.

I have been regularly checking the classifieds here, on phantom coaches, craigslist, and ebay. I'm sure I'll find the right one if I keep searching.

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate 'em.

Comment

A price range or, at the very least, a ceiling price for getting a coach would be useful information for people to use to help guide you to something that might work for you.

Comment

Good advice Dickey. Like I explained in my original posts, I'm not too choosy about the year. Mostly I care about finding something at least somewhat reliable. As I also mentioned I don't really have unrealistic expectations that, for the amount of money I have to spend, I'm going to find the absolutely perfect coach where dreams will come true. Ok, so that being said, I was hoping to spend no more than $3,000 (Wait! Don't stop reading and start laughing at me!). Again, I would never presume that a car like Pyro's would be available for so little, I wouldn't even insult him with making him that offer in the hopes that would be his best offer. Additionally there's some flexibility there, I might be able to beg, borrow and steal to raise the cost some.

It's just, and maybe you can tell me if I'm way off track here, a lot of the research that I've done (mostly this: http://www.hearseclub.com/resources/...ingahearse.htm but also seeing other coaches, ones that I would've loved to get, go for as little as 1,800) has made me think that, as I'm just looking for something that will run fairly well and isn't a complete p.o.s. 3,000 is reasonable. I would be perfectly happy, thrilled really, with a mid to late 80s coach with high mileage at that price.

I totally don't think I'm going to get a 1959 Superior for that price. But I hope I can find something. What do you think? I really appreciate your advice.

Comment

You should be able to find a late 70's that runs and isn't a rust bucket for under $3000. Keep yourself open to making a drive for one, not just looking in Cal.
                When you get one do a full inspection and tune up on it, don't just start driving it and then be upset when it breaks down.....and it will, lol.
                Also the cheaper the price usually means the more it will cost to make it dependable.

Comment

I wish I could say I can afford my own car too. Restore or replace a part, and the part nxt to it looks like crap. So off comes that part, and so on, and so on, and so on, At least I'm close to the end. Waiting on a few ext trim parts in the mail, that need polishing up. lay new vinyle in the rear, chrome the curtain rods and have new curtains made. Install the lower rocker trim panels. Install the drivers spot light, and get a new mirror glass cut for the door mirror. After all that, we'll see what else pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
                    I wish I could say I can afford my own car too. Restore or replace a part, and the part nxt to it looks like crap. So off comes that part, and so on, and so on, and so on.
                    Sounds like me too, Pyro.

O.H.Y...

I searched neighboring states (within a reasonable drive) to find the year range I wanted and found mine in Gallup, NM. I believe there is a mid-70's hearse here in Phoenix that is still for sale. It was listed on craigslist for a while. Check it out. It might be what you are looking for. Good luck and have a little patience. Keep your eye on what owners here have to say and you will learn a lot.

Comment

I'm going to look/take pics of a 63 Cad Superior limo style Combo today. Should be able to negotiate a deal for 1500.00 I dont want it, just getting the details to pass along.

Comment

Working...
                      X