Overly offensive/wrong hearse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overly offensive/wrong hearse?

Been passively looking for a mid-'90s as a daily.

Hey! Here's one. Fresh out of service.

Exterior is clean, LT1 power, runs great, plenty of room, decent MPG return...

Are the front windows broken?

Nope. This '94 needs aired out. Fresh out of service - literally.

Seems it picked up a body that was 10 days passed. Then something happened to the coach (impounded?) and the body sat for another 14 days. Take one guess what leaked out of the body bag through the zipper down the entire passenger side of the rear compartment...

Decomp is so strong that it unnerves. Put it this way - if scratch & sniff was a picture option, you'd have already fallen over backwards out of the seat. Lime isn't working so much~

Would you take a flier on this coach? Only way I foresee doing so is gutting the entire rear out of necessity and starting fresh or implanting another. So factoring in the money required to doing so, if you did decide to go for it, what price range makes it appealing?

I would mix a strong strong solution of bleach and water and soak everything down. It has probably soaked into the wood.

Following that, re dye the interior.

Comment

That or I'd pull the panels and wrap them in a different fabric.
      How much is the coach?

The bitch next door hates my hearses and I'm about ready to go to war with her. If it were mine, I might leave the decomp in there and park it in front of her house. Then she'd really have a reason to feel it's "morbid and depressed".

Comment

lots of those tree air fresheners and a plate tag that reads: STINKY? id give a couple hundred for it and try to get that new corpse smell out somehow.

Comment

might this be the same car?

looks that way

Comment

How the hell does something like that happen with a body in it???!!! If they had family, someone's gotta be in deep shit.

Comment

I think $1000 would be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post

looks that way

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/aug/...rse-ar-210050/
                I was wondering if it's the same hearse. This is not far from me. I would buy if the price was right, just for the story. I would print out a copy of website with a picture and see how many people I could offend. I know I'm sick.
                I don't understand how a funeral home would ruin a hearse, by leaving a corpse in the back. I have heard of this more than one. Most of the time the hearse was driven and parked with the corpse.

Comment

Wow that's crazy. Yea id definatly buy it and document that that was the car and mess with people haha...that's a shame its a beautiful hearse. Its def messed up but his hands were tied, but I wouldn't have ruined my hearse.

Comment

I have often toyed with the idea of getting a newer coach and doing the full limo treatment to the rear. To me this would be a prime candidate. Probably be able to pick it up extremely cheap (I'm thinking offer them $500). Then completely gut (sorry for the pun) the rear interior and pimp it out.

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post

looks that way

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/aug/...rse-ar-210050/
                      Hey thanks! That IS the same coach...although no longer at the funeral home.

Originally posted by EternalCombustion View Post
                      I have often toyed with the idea of getting a newer coach and doing the full limo treatment to the rear. To me this would be a prime candidate. Probably be able to pick it up extremely cheap (I'm thinking offer them $500). Then completely gut (sorry for the pun) the rear interior and pimp it out.
                      When a fair price is offered, both buyer and seller walk away happy. As LT1 & tranny alone would sell more than $500, I don't foresee that amount happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Lady View Post
                        How the hell does something like that happen with a body in it???!!! If they had family, someone's gotta be in deep shit.
                        We see stuff like this from time to time. A hospice social worker will release a body to us, my boss won't ask questions, and then we are stuck with somebody for weeks. Diff is, we have access to good refrigeration facilities.

The funeral home should have turned down the removal. The county should have it's own facility or agreement with another county for storage.

Comment

Last year a guy I know had a similar situation where a tenant died in an apt. he rented out. The entire floor had to be removed because of the corpse juice that had soaked into the wood. Once that stuff has soaked in, there's no getting the smell out. Plus it is a genuine health hazard. The floor will have to go, but places like Servpro clean up stuff that just got the stench from the air. No matter what, this is no soap and water deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                            When a fair price is offered, both buyer and seller walk away happy. As LT1 & tranny alone would sell more than $500, I don't foresee that amount happening.
                            True, but I never said fair. Also, I never said that was my final offer. I just meant I would start there. However, for myself, I wouldn't go too much more than that. I have seen quite a few '80s to early 90s coaches sell in the $1500 dollar range that would have been good limo conversion cars that didn't have the biohazard issues this one has. I'm not an extreme germaphobe, but the deal would have to be attractive to get me involved. And though I'm not bothered by the fact that someone dead was laying in there for an extended amount of time, it will bother plenty of others and this alone will hurt the sell. Also, someone just looking for an engine and transmission may find that the local scrapyard may not accept the rest of the car because of the biohazard issues.

Comment

The entire floor had to be removed because of the corpse juice that had soaked into the wood.
                              That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

I would start my bid on the coach at $500 as well, can't hurt to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X