This Will Make You Cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Will Make You Cry

My husband was working near a local junkyard (here in Augusta, duh!), anyway, he noticed a casket sitting in the debris. Well when one of the junkyard guys happened to walk past he asked him about it and told him he wanted it. The guy was absolutely flabbergasted that someone wanted a casket first of all. Then after they got to talking my husband came to find out that they had CRUSHED a complete match for my hearse 2 days prior to this. I could have had the quarter panel I need and the back door. The only good thing is that I go first thing in the morning to pick up the casket. We got it for 10 cents a pound. I'm going to leave them my name and number if they get anymore hearses or caskets in I want them to call me. That way I'll be able to get them for the group. I hate to see these cars go to the crusher. Even if they don't run we certainly can use the parts off of them. Let me know what you think.

sounds good to me.

Comment

My first hearse went to the crusher. It had so much body rot it wasn't salvagable. But, I stripped everything off the car prior to crushing, it was a frame & body, nothing else.

It is ashame, I try to acquire old, non-running hearses & part them out to fix other hearses.

Comment

I needed the quarter panel and door. I want to scream....But I did get the casket. It is pale blue. Pretty good condition. $15 Not bad.

Comment

Need a picture of it now.

Comment

Needs cleaned a little. Even has the bed spring thingy. Ok dumb girl talk, can't remember what it is called right now. Brought it in the house and we've been playing with it. I'm going to wash everything. The pillow is there, all the bedding. The outside just needs cleaned up. A couple small dents. Turtlewax!!

Hey Ryan it matches your hearse! LOL

Comment

Shit, I'm jealous, $15. That's a smokin' deal. Mine was $326 & looks almost identical.
              Jealousy aside, congrats on the casket.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Originally posted by deadbride View Post

Hey Ryan it matches your hearse! LOL
                  haha yeah i always wanted a baby blue one for mine

Comment

by the way i have seen lots and lots of baby blue casket keys on ebay

Comment

Yeah but for $15?

Comment

dam sweet deal, i'll trade ya !!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadbride View Post
                          Yeah but for $15?
                          the keys are generally pretty cheap

Comment

unless you know someone at a funeral home, the casket keys will normally run atleast $15.

Comment

Good buy honey...that casket is very pretty...Shame about the coach though.

Comment

Working...
                              X