No announcement yet.

who's gettin what for christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are good presents. They show that she understands you and knows what you like.

-denise

Comment

She doesn't necessarily understand my infatuation with the whole hearse thing per say, but she does support me in it. She's even wanting to go to a few shows that are coming up. Maybe I can turn her one day and she'll want one too.

Comment

Tony doesn't see a vehicle as anything but a way to get around, and he wants to keep the 2004 Marquis. That could be my daily driver, but all of the controls are stiff. My mother and I can barely drive it at all. I like a luxurious car that makes the user feel like it wants to go, not one that fights me all the way.

My daily driver is a 76 Chrysler Brougham, much like a big Caddy, but a little stiffer because of a trailering package. I had the 76 hearse and the truck that I wrecked but was restored (by replacing a light bulb) and the 2004, and Tony wasn't upset when I bought the Brougham, or even when I built a Magnum-class engine for it. So he's not into cars and never will be, and people don't really change, but he puts up with me, and that's worth a lot. I don't have income or health anymore, so I don't know what to do, but it was fun. ;(

-denise

Comment

i got a new laptop for christmas but it seems that the screen is messed up. taking it back tomarrow to see about getting it checked out.

Comment

i got a new laptop for christmas but it seems that the screen is messed up. taking it back tomarrow to see about getting it checked out.
            That's definitely the right thing to do. Don't try to fix it yourself, even if you're an expert.

I bought one from CompUSA that had a login name and somebody's homework on it! Somebody had returned it, and instead of making it an open box buy, CompUSA had very carefully taped over the old tape on the box and sold it as new. When I went back, they said that they didn't have any laptops, not one in the store, so I got my $1800 back and went to Wal-mart, where I got a fairly nice HP. I love the S-video output, card reader, and remote control, and it was only $900. I used the remote control with a projector and a laser pointer for a presentation that I had to do about some new IBM hardware, the first presentation I'd ever done, and I was really proud of it.

Yeah, if they can't fix it or give you another one, you might get the buyer's money back and get a different one. I might suggest a Dell, too, because after 2 years, I'm having a lot of little problems, and one big one, with my HP. For instance, I had to reinstall Windows, I used the driver disk that came with it, and my scroll mouse no longer is, even after uninstalling and putting on the latest driver that I downloaded. Fortunately, a laser mouse will roll over the arm of my recliner, but I really liked the built-in scroll. It's the tap feature that I can't stand...that's the first thing I turn off.

-denise

Comment

Working...
            X