Anybody do any physical activities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody do any physical activities?

Nikki and I are going to be running in a 5k in July, wanted to see if anybody else did any physical activity or does anything actually good for you. =)

I've never been much of a runner (only when chased), and lifting heavy things doesn't really help the body get used to running any distance, so I've been following this plan:

The Couch to 5k program was designed to gradually build up your strength and stamina, helping you transition from the couch to completing a 5K run.

Pretty good stuff, worth checking out.

I used to run the peachtree road race with my dad, but that was years ago.........before I got fat............and quit giving a shit..............great now I'm depressed. I need a beer.

Comment

I used to do quite a bit of power lifting in my time, but a few injuries have kept me from serious strength training. Now I just hit the weights and "do my thing"
      As far as running, I grew up with asthma. I would rather chew on tin foil than go on a long run.
      Attached Files

Comment

I haven't seen the smartassed answer I expected to see yet.

I used to love golf, bowling, funeralracing, both kinds of skiing, combat tactics and tactical shooting, and tao ch'i chaun kung fu, the dragon, who could assume any form, and whose weapon was the san jeet kwun (three-sectional staff).

Unfortunately, a pistol, or a stockless AK is about all I can handle now. I can play golf, but it will hurt for a while. The walking is the best part. Tony won't allow me to bowl or ski, for my own good, I believe.

-denise

Comment

Is smoking no longer considered an activity?
          It requires breathing and I'm still doing that.
          I think. (pint) ouch! pain.
          yea, still living.
          If not, my answer is will have to be a 100% maybe...

Comment

I occasionally play paintball, and ride my mountain bike on trails.
            I need to do more just don't always feel like it after a long day at work.

Here is me a few weeks ago playing paintball.

Comment

BMX!!!

Comment

Still running every day, circuit training, kickboxing, boxing, and jiu jitsu 4 days a week, weightlifting 4 days a week, 2000 crunches (10 different types, sets of 200) 3 nights a week when I get home from work. I hate the crunches the most-I'm tired when I get home.

All this, and I make a living playing guitar and singing. I guess the cardio helps with the singing....maybe. Plus singing 3-6 hours a night is hell on the lungs.

Comment

I guess the cardio helps with the singing....maybe
                  I dunno. When the bar is almost empty, I sometimes sing karaoke for 3-6 hours. I believe that it is discourteous to leave the MC singing alone, or not to tip him. My lifestyle is more sedintary than it has ever been (if you don't believe me, ask the long-term disability company). What helps me, though I'm careful not do overdo it, is a swig of dark beer before I go on. My throat gets really raspy, here in the desert, and doing Bette Davis Eyes or Kashmire, you need to be able to sustain, and hit the high notes. I usually save Kim Carnes for last, though...I'm sure you know why. She has a voice like a frog just rescued from a public toilet.

-denise

Comment

Working...
                  X