Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I forgot how much tetanus shots burn.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot how much tetanus shots burn.....

I was crawling under a 64 Thunderbird I was thinking about getting yesterday, and while I was pulling my fat ass out from underneath it, sliced open the side of my stomach on the underside of the car. It hurt briefly, then I just kinda went on and forgot about it. About 10 minutes later i realize that there was a small stream of blood running down my right shin, upon further examination I found that I got myself worse than originally thought. 4 hours in the goddamn emory eastside hospital.........

culprit..............
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to hear you got bit...

Thinking of buying to restore or part out?

I need landau bows for my 91 Caravan

Comment

To restore. It comes with a rebuilt 390 and C4 tranny (not in the car). Needs a driveshaft and radiator, it's not a bad price for it, but I just don't know if I really want to get into that kind of a long term project. After all, I still have that 69 Buick convertible in the garage that has sat dormant for a decade......

Comment

bled like a stuck pig huh??? sucks, and thats a rough looking bird.

Comment

And when you said you needed a tetanus shot I thought maybe you had been at Richards house.

Comment

I was thinking I may need a tetanus shot before I get serious on the 49 resto, and they are a bitch.
              Anyone know how long they are good for?
              My last one was about 5 years ago.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, I stuck a big pointy chunk of sheet metal well into my calf muscle, and reluctently went to the Doctor for a tetnus shot... I had heard horror stories about them, but this smokin' young Nurse comes along, sticks the needle in my arm, and I never felt a thing... In Canada they're good for 10 years...

Comment

They are good for 10 years....but if it has been 5 years or more, it is seriously reccomended to go get a booster especially if you are dealing with metal and so on.

It burns like fire going through your veins.....I shit you not. and you're sore as shit in the spot for days.

Comment

Its amazing that you never got cut by Lily's rust! But seriously, that sux. Last time I got a tetanus shot, I busted my chin and was waaay too drunk to realize how much it hurt getting that shot. Hmmm...I never did finish telling you that story, did I?

I do wish you luck on fixing that T-bird. I also wish you luck on fixing that ol' Buick. You know I soo wanna see that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampirate_Maiden View Post
                      Its amazing that you never got cut by Lily's rust! But seriously, that sux. Last time I got a tetanus shot, I busted my chin and was waaay too drunk to realize how much it hurt getting that shot. Hmmm...I never did finish telling you that story, did I?

I do wish you luck on fixing that T-bird. I also wish you luck on fixing that ol' Buick. You know I soo wanna see that one.

Well then you are in for a treat. She's comming out this week. Maybe I'll have her uncovered enough to at least get some pictures by tomorrow night.

Comment

Im stuck with storage space for 2 cars. My 63 MM is in one spot.

Comment

The last time I got a tetanus shot, it didn't start hurting until a day or two later and it was sore for a week.

Comment

I've never had a tetanus shot but I've heard about the pain before. Is that C4 stock from the 'bird? If not I hope you have the correct bell-housing for that FE block.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                              culprit..............
                              Well i'm proud of you Billy... at least you're finally looking at something with landau bars again!!

But seriously... nothing worse than getting cut from a cancer-ridden old car or taking an eyefull of rust

Comment

Working...
                              X