Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far would you have pushed the issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far would you have pushed the issue?

So 2 weekends ago I was in Vegas for my buddy's bachelor party. It was somewhat mellow since it is his 3rd time 'round.
    Anyway we are at a German bar / restaurant called Hofbrauhaus. They put on a live show with a band. A younger crowd but still a good time. At the beginning of the show the band opened with the National Anthem. I glance over a couple of tables and I see this guy about 25 with a couple of girls. I notice that he is not standing nor did he bother to take his hat off. At first I thought he might be a foreigner and not recognize the custom, but then I see he singing some of the lyrics. I shouted over to him "Hey! Stand up!" No response.
    My blood begins to boil, but my focus is on the bachelor having a good time. About 15 min later I catch this assclown coming back in from having a smoke. I accost him in the lobby. I started with "Hey boy!". "Who the fcuk are you not standing for the National Anthem?" After about 10 seconds a small crowd starts to gather. Who/why was this 240lb guy yelling at this 150lb kid. When some of the bystanders realize why I was upset, they chose not to intervene. I stopped just short of doing the old "pointing the finger in the chest" routine, but I made it very clear the importance of respect. And let it go with that.

What would all of you had done? Did I take it too far? I think not, but I had a couple of drinks in me.

Was there a cop in the crowd? Why did ya stop....Bet his ass hole was chewin on his underwear.

Comment

You were way out of line, and lucky you didn't get arrested, but it wasn't entirely your fault. Since when was it appropriate for a band to open with the National Anthem at a bar/resto? It isn't the time or place for reverence, or patriotism.

-d

Comment

i'm kind of with Morella on this one. it seems a little odd for a band to play the national anthem at a bar/restaurant as she said. Personally, it would not have bothered me in the slightest. again, time and place as Morella said.

now, if the circumstances were different, then i might be bothered by it. if someone is at a more serious/solemn occasion that is different. If you don't want to be respectful during those circumstances, then why bother going?

At the end of the day, however, we all have freedom of speech. If someone absolutely doesn't want to be respectful, they should not be forced. Expressing your disapproval is one thing. Getting in a fight over it, or almost getting in a fight over it, would be inappropriate, i think.

Comment

Title 36 Subtitle I Part A Chapter 3 § 301 USC states:

(a) Designation.— The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
          (b) Conduct During Playing.— During a rendition of the national anthem—
          (1) when the flag is displayed—
          (A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
          (B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
          (C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
          (2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

You were right and I applaud you for being vigilant to the disrespect of our national anthem.

Comment

I would of asked him why he showed no repsect, but maybe not as intensely as you did, but I don't fault you for it, show respect for the country you live in.

Comment

Hell yea! You didnt go to far. This is America after all. Sooner or later the left wing nut jobs will have all traces of National Pride and Founding Fathers beliefs stripped from our heritage. IE; The word god from our national anthem, the word god from our money, monuments and government buildings. That Nig even said we are not a Christian nation. Dont like it? move... I hear the equal rights in Iran are fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSnake View Post
                Title 36 Subtitle I Part A Chapter 3 § 301 USC states:

(a) Designation.— The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
                (b) Conduct During Playing.— During a rendition of the national anthem—
                (1) when the flag is displayed—
                (A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
                (B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
                (C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
                (2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

You were right and I applaud you for being vigilant to the disrespect of our national anthem.

Thats it right there....you were not out of line.....

My father took a bullet from a Jap sniper on Guadalcanal later his ship was sunk when it was torpedoed in the south pacific, my cousin ''Dick"" was dead less than 10 years after a planeload of agent orange dusted his swiftboat on the Makong Delta.....they DESERVE the respect of the people of this country,and at the very fucking least to stand and uncover....

my opinion

Comment

You probably did the right thing, but was that guy any more disrespectful than the douche bags they get to sing the anthem at major sporting events who drag the words out and butcher the song?

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
                    You probably did the right thing, but was that guy any more disrespectful than the douche bags they get to sing the anthem at major sporting events who drag the words out and butcher the song?

oh man ...those douche' bags....thats sad...they make me sick

Comment

that's just like Mexican's they come here dis our country and all they speak is fucking Spanish I'm sick of going to school or the store and hearing something in English and then hearing the same fucking thing in Spanish its like seriously respect or GTFO seriously I'm totally on your side buddy

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post

i think if anybody plays the song it should be shown respect, no matter how "urbanized it be" (hint,hint,nudge,nudge).
                        after everybody went goo goo over the way whitney houstin
                        fucked it up they think thats the way it's sang.
                        to me, this is the ONE song that should not be "urbanized".

Comment

Originally posted by tony218 View Post
                          i think if anybody plays the song it should be shown respect, no matter how "urbanized it be" (hint,hint,nudge,nudge).
                          after everybody went goo goo over the way whitney houstin
                          fucked it up they think thats the way it's sang.
                          to me, this is the ONE song that should not be "urbanized".

thank you.........!!!

Comment

that's just like Mexican's they come here dis our country and all they speak is fucking Spanish I'm sick of going to school or the store and hearing something in English and then hearing the same fucking thing in Spanish its like seriously respect or GTFO seriously I'm totally on your side buddy
                            I don't care if they speak Spanish. I can usually understand enough of what they're saying. What annoys me is when they expect me to respect their languages and customs. For instance, I was trying to help someone by giving him directions, and I told him to turn on "Camino Seco". That is what the fucking road is called. The street sign says, "CAMINO Seco" He copped an attitude and told me that it was "Seco", not "Camino Seco". Yeah, I know, "camino" means "road". I just don't happen to care.

I told him that I had a hard enough time learning English, and I was not the slightest bit interested in learning Spanish.

Then I said, "Va te faire foutre !"

-d

Comment

before the ''invasion'' from south of the border...english was primary and other languages secondary, not so anymore, 20 million illegals telling us what to do...WTF??? If they want rights as a citizen...follow the rules!

Comment

Working...
                              X