Bought myself a new (to me) car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought myself a new (to me) car!

I just couldn't take the Corolla for a daily driver anymore!

Bought myself an '08 Infiniti G37s. It's Ivory Pearl (the pearl is amazing on this thing). Since it is a daily driver I opted for the automatic with the flappy paddle gearbox. This thing hauls some serious ass and with the 14" rotors and 4 piston brakes it will stop and pull your fillings out.

Nice, that's a hell of an upgrade, thumbs down for the auto-paddle dealies. even though they offer faster shift times it'll never compare to dropping the hammer. Kind of funny how since my hearse is my daily driver and every time I drive my manual Maxima it feels like im in a go-cart, and If I drive either one too long I tend to miss the other one like crazy.
    Last edited by v8nightmare; 12-03-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

It looks sporty, and futuristic.

What does the flappy paddle do? Do you choose from letting itself shift automatically, or shifting it yourself?

Comment

I worked at an Infiniti and Mercedes Benz dealer for about 5 months and I can say I never found a car I liked. Mostly due to the mechanics of the cars and I'm not a big car parson. Don’t get me wrong though I had ALOT of fun in the G37 and M56 during winter slap that traction control off and just hammer it and its like you’re on skis haha. I hated to Mercedes Benz sport cars though cuz they all had sport tires and that meant you where pushing the car everywhere in the winterreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> ath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f">ath>fficeffice" />. Anyway back on topic they do look pretty good hope you like the car and keep an eye on your fan motor that was the last thing to get a recall that I know of.>>

Comment

that meant you where pushing the car everywhere in the winterreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> ath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f">ath>fficeffice" />.
          WHAT?

I only like old grandma cars, but I'll have to admit that this one looks pretty cool, if you're into the sporty ones.

Comment

OK!! what the hell its does that to me all the fucking time >.< I use word to spell check and I think that’s what’s doing it cuz I only have a problem here does not show up until its posted not even in the preview its irritating as hell.fficeffice" />>>

*OH look yet again -.- fucking smile piece of shit*

Comment

I use MS Word for spell and grammar checking, but not on a message board, even when I'm flaming or trolling. Anyone who attacks someone for grammar and spelling in something as casual as a message board must have some serious personal issues. It just isn't that bigg a deel.

Comment

A guy I know just sold his G37 that he had over 30 grand in engine upgrades on.
                This thing was sick and pushed almost 800 hp at the rear tires on the dyno.
                On the down side though he had to change the oil every 1000 miles and it only got 10 mpg. The engine was also very hard to work on with the 2 massive turbo's on it and all the turbo stuff in the way.

Comment

Always a price for HP unless your in a old truck then you got room to spare lol

Comment

The paddle shifters (affectionally called 'flappy paddle gear lEEvers' by Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkston) are used when you want to be able to control the shift points or downshift. It's pretty damned fun - and I know that you lose some credit from folks by not having a clutch and to that I say 2 things:

1) I don't care.
                    2) Most Ferraris and new Lambos are paddle shifted too. It's really quite fun and if you ever sit in traffic (and I do, this is my daily driver after all) you can't go wrong with a nice high performance auto.

After driving the car for a day the only faults I can find with it are around the integration with the iphone and the fact you can't push the address book to the sat-nav system, you can only put music on the hard drive by using actual music CDs and letting it rip them and the iphone connector doesn't charge the phone - so driving around all day really drained my battery in my phone. I spent some time programming the voice recognition today (I stopped by to show Tony the car earlier and it had no idea what I was saying), putting addresses and phone numbers in and generally enjoying the hell out of it.

The other major thing I see that could be an issue is that parts are F'n expensive! If I want to replace the tires with the OEM replacements they are $339 each! I guess 245/40/19's aren't going to be cheap no matter what. When it comes time, I'll probably go up to 275 rears and 245 fronts like I had on the cobra.

Comment

A few more pics.

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

Comment

See I could never give up my stick and clutch for alil finger play just not the same. There is nothing cheap about that car haha even an oil change is a pain you have to rip off about 4lbs of plastic just to get started so most people take it to a stealer ship witch only makes things worse haha. However does look nice and can be some good fun just not fun to the wallet.

Comment

It looks nice and clean everywhere.

I wouldn't want to have to work on it either, but cars these days really don't need that much maintenance. Take it to someone you can trust for oil change and scheduled maintenance and you'll probably never have to touch it.

Comment

Geez all those fancy gizmos. I still get warm and fuzzy over a tilt steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
                              It looks nice and clean everywhere.

I wouldn't want to have to work on it either, but cars these days really don't need that much maintenance. Take it to someone you can trust for oil change and scheduled maintenance and you'll probably never have to touch it.
                              There is no great joy in changing the oil on a car. I'd rather just pay someone to do it.

Spending a day welding or swapping engines or whatever in my play toys is different than having to do PM service on ones daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X