how would you handle this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you handle this?

Ok , so i drove my 55 cad to work in order to burn up a little gas before changing my fuel line. I never drove her in before so i expected some attention.

After i went threw haveing to give everyone a tour i went in to do my job.(by the way i work in a factory) I later find out from another employee that the boss was goeing threw the car with some of his underlings. They had my hood open, and were also inside inspecting the interior of the car. What the fuck man you don't go inside another mans car without permision!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Know my passenger side window is crackt from them closeing the door to hard. The window was alredy crakt because the glass wiggles around in the door a bit , but know it is ready to shater. I know they did not intend to do any harm and were just admiring it but like i said what the FUCK are you dooing in my car without asking !!!!!!!!!!!!

How can i adress the situation without geting fired. I am good friends with the guy who told me what hapened. He had no reason to lie about who had been in the car.
    Also the boss drives a 65 Mustange. He knows better then to just open up someone elses car without asking.
    What would you do?
    Last edited by mr x; 05-13-2011, 02:16 AM.

Sounds like somebodys mama didn't teach 'em right......

Comment

Well if your factory is like mine, you signed a "consent to search" form when you were hired. They can search your locker, your person, or your car (basically anything on their property) and it sounds like that is the card they are going to play if you say something... since they didn't man up when they broke the window. You know how political things can get when dealing with factory management (obviously), so if you accuse them they will probably say that's just hearsay they were messing with your car... and then they view you as making waves.

If you really want to, approach the man who is a "car guy" and say that you drove the '55 in for everyone to enjoy & see, but heard there was a group that opened all the doors & hood and now you have a broken window as a result. If at that time he doesn't "man up" and you really value your job... walk away from it & get a new glass cut. I know it sucks man but unfortunately you have to play their game in this case and use your best judgement. Obviously you're concerned about saying anything about it... so approach it lightly & keep it vague... finger pointing is seen as aggression by those with the power to hire & fire you.

Comment

'65 Stang eh?
        Artwork.jpg

...too much?

Comment

Do the doors on your car lock?
          Were they locked?

Comment

Originally posted by v8nightmare View Post
            '65 Stang eh?
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]9020[/ATTACH]

...too much?

Nope, I like that idea...

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
              Do the doors on your car lock?
              Were they locked?

unfortunately the locks don't work. the car has been a slow 6 year project. I just got her going last fall. The only reason i drove her in was to burn some gas. I have been there for almost 6 years and never would have expected that from the head boss of all people.

Comment

Originally posted by v8nightmare View Post
                '65 Stang eh?
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9020[/ATTACH]

...too much?

BELIEVE ME THAT'S ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!! I was so ticked that i spent 2 hours of company time trying to figure out how to change the glass . ( i work the overnight )

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                  If you really want to, approach the man who is a "car guy" and say that you drove the '55 in for everyone to enjoy & see, but heard there was a group that opened all the doors & hood and now you have a broken window as a result. If at that time he doesn't "man up" and you really value your job... walk away from it & get a new glass cut. I know it sucks man but unfortunately you have to play their game in this case and use your best judgement. Obviously you're concerned about saying anything about it... so approach it lightly & keep it vague... finger pointing is seen as aggression by those with the power to hire & fire you.
                  Thats really abut the best advice... and the last sentence is VERY true. + If he doesn't man up you can fuck him over discreetly bit by bit till you're satisfied.
                  Last edited by v8nightmare; 05-13-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                    Well if your factory is like mine, you signed a "consent to search" form when you were hired. They can search your locker, your person, or your car (basically anything on their property) and it sounds like that is the card they are going to play if you say something... since they didn't man up when they broke the window. You know how political things can get when dealing with factory management (obviously), so if you accuse them they will probably say that's just hearsay they were messing with your car... and then they view you as making waves.

ya, i guess you'r right. that is some well thought out advise. Thanks man.
                    i'm gonna be real pissy around there for a ,long time tho !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Fuck it, i still might say something . I am freakin PISST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I had a little mishap with my bike at work. Everyone was out checking it out and when i came out someone laid it down. Busted the brake lever and a small scratch in the tank. No one ever admitted to it but i put up a reward sign on the board and the owner ended up having it fixed cause he felt bad. I would definately just bring it up and see what he says. Otherwise i like the idea of crushing his stang on accident.

Comment

Jeff, give me a yell on the phone or an e-mail. I think there is a 54 at that place I told you about. Maybe I can get you a discount if there is glass in it.

Comment

Flat glass is not that expensive. Should be 125?? for a glass shop to fix. Nice clear new glass, or just get the glass and put it in yourself.

Comment

Hay pyro any idea how to get the window out? Me and my dad lookt it for over an hour. we could not figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X