Heavy Rebel 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Rebel 2011

I went to Heavy Rebel Weekender Sat. I made an album with some of the pictures I took, http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...hp?albumid=432 The pictures are not in order, at all. There were a couple of hearses there. My friend's 73 MM and a 1927 Graham Brothers hearse and this

102_0593.jpg

He had a see thru coffin in the back and had a prop that would move with a remote.

That's AWESOME!

Kinda reminds me of the old Paddy Wagon rod.

Comment

That is way cool!

Comment

I want to go to that one of these years

Comment

I believe the guy that built the "C" cab hearse signed up on here a few years ago. The story I remember is they started with one of the old Total Performance fiberglass "C" cab bodies & stretched it, also adding the side oval windows.
          Here's a Youtube video of the first time they ever started it up... watch the guy in the teal sweatshirt duck for cover when it lights off!

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
            I went to Heavy Rebel Weekender Sat. I made an album with some of the pictures I took, http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...hp?albumid=432 The pictures are not in order, at all. There were a couple of hearses there. My friend's 73 MM and a 1927 Graham Brothers hearse and this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9775[/ATTACH]

He had a see thru coffin in the back and had a prop that would move with a remote.
            That is my friend's car. I actually helped him with the design ideas. We modeled the glass coffin off of the one used in "Cemetery Man". That '27 carved panel was pretty cool. I didn't see your friends '73 m-m though. BTW, how did he get the '73 in? I thought that the show was '66 and older, that is one of the reasons I didn't take my '72.

Comment

I just found the '27 Graham brothers on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...item3cb9ab4738

Comment

Originally posted by EternalCombustion View Post
                That is my friend's car. I actually helped him with the design ideas. We modeled the glass coffin off of the one used in "Cemetery Man". That '27 carved panel was pretty cool. I didn't see your friends '73 m-m though. BTW, how did he get the '73 in? I thought that the show was '66 and older, that is one of the reasons I didn't take my '72.
                I heard him say he drove it 5 hours to get there.
                My friend didn't register for the car show. There were a few cars that shouldn't have been there. I saw a couple Mustangs and couple of other muscle cars. It says on their website "NO muscle cars: Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles etc... This is not THAT show. You will be turned away."
                He parked on a side street, right off of Sixth St.
                Here is a link to the few pictures I took of the car show.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                  I want to go to that one of these years
                  looks like it's about a 5 hour drive from our neck of the woods. not out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                    looks like it's about a 5 hour drive from our neck of the woods. not out of the question.
                    The only thing I don't really like about this show is that the car show is kind of treated like an after thought. The show as a whole running fri, sat and sun is great with all the concerts and such. But with the carshow being only on Sat, it just doesn't seem worth it to drive much of a distance. Though it would be cool to see a bunch of hearses crashing the party. lol

Comment

Hey guys, I wanted to thank you that came out to the 11th annual Heavy Rebel Weekender car show, and the event itself! Love the hearses this year! And we would love to see more of you all showing up. Hell, if your 5 hours away, you would be 20 hours away from winning the "furthest driven" trophy

I wanted to address the mentioned things as well: The car shows aspect of the Heavy Rebel Weekender is far from an afterthought. As a builder and former auto shop owner, the car show has always been the highlight of the event for me. That's why I have always had a car show at the. We put the show on for the longest amount of time the city will allow us the block off the street and FILL about 5 blocks with cars. During the entire rest of the HRW cars are parked, by their owners in front and all around the side of the venue. The city is kind enough to let this happen. The car show is pretty heavily monitored for quality these day, and this year in particular. We have always had a "bring what you built" attitude, but as the show grew, we have had to crack down, and thankfully in some cases, on the quality. As for the Mustangs and Camaros. We don't LET them in, but they do sneak in on the back side and side streets some times. WE don't appreciate it, but we are not going to call them out on it unless we see them park. Also, they usually have a really good attitude when confronted.

So, I hope you all will "crash" the car show with hearses next year, but you better get there EARLY.

Thanks again for all of your all's support in the event, and we hope you that attended had a ball!

OH, and we dont care if people pre-register, but no one will be sneaking in without either a event wristband or 10 bucks next year...same for the muscle cars! Support the scene or go home!

Comment

That looks like a terrific show. Creativity on a budget is always interesting. There was a show of that type up here last weekend and there was not a single belly button/built out of a catalog car to be found.

Comment

302 miles 5 hours 9 min for me........ hmmm, could I get the 49 up and running by next years event?
                          I think it would be fun.
                          I really don't care about the car show and having my shit judged or winning prizes and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyRebel View Post
                            Hey guys, I wanted to thank you that came out to the 11th annual Heavy Rebel Weekender car show, and the event itself! Love the hearses this year! And we would love to see more of you all showing up. Hell, if your 5 hours away, you would be 20 hours away from winning the "furthest driven" trophy

I wanted to address the mentioned things as well: The car shows aspect of the Heavy Rebel Weekender is far from an afterthought. As a builder and former auto shop owner, the car show has always been the highlight of the event for me. That's why I have always had a car show at the. We put the show on for the longest amount of time the city will allow us the block off the street and FILL about 5 blocks with cars. During the entire rest of the HRW cars are parked, by their owners in front and all around the side of the venue. The city is kind enough to let this happen. The car show is pretty heavily monitored for quality these day, and this year in particular. We have always had a "bring what you built" attitude, but as the show grew, we have had to crack down, and thankfully in some cases, on the quality. As for the Mustangs and Camaros. We don't LET them in, but they do sneak in on the back side and side streets some times. WE don't appreciate it, but we are not going to call them out on it unless we see them park. Also, they usually have a really good attitude when confronted.
                            So, I hope you all will "crash" the car show with hearses next year, but you better get there EARLY.

Thanks again for all of your all's support in the event, and we hope you that attended had a ball!

OH, and we dont care if people pre-register, but no one will be sneaking in without either a event wristband or 10 bucks next year...same for the muscle cars! Support the scene or go home!
                            Hey, it is really cool for you to come to our forum. I meant no disrespect or offense in what I said. I can see where shutting down streets can be a problem. It just kind of sucks for out of towners to have to find a safe place to park their cars before and after the car show if you want to attend the entire event. I mean, I brought my econobox and parked it in one of the neighboring buildings. The building was practically empty, but when I came out later a crappy soccer mom van was parked right on top of me to where I had to climb over the passenger side just to get my car out. There were plenty of other spaces around and my car is a miniature car that barely takes up a single space. Now if I had come out and found that up against my hearse there wouldn’t have been a straight piece of metal left on that van when I was done.

Anyway, have you ever considered trying to secure a section of one of these parking buildings just for the show cars that are registered for the show? Just a thought.
                            Also, if we do “crash” the car show next year with hearses are you going to turn away those that might be a bit newer than ’66?

Originally posted by LMS View Post
                            302 miles 5 hours 9 min for me........ hmmm, could I get the 49 up and running by next years event?
                            I think it would be fun.
                            I really don't care about the car show and having my shit judged or winning prizes and shit.
                            I completely agree. I wish all “car shows” would be about hanging out with the cars and the owners instead of feeding egos with meaningless judging and $5 trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalCombustion View Post
                              Anyway, have you ever considered trying to secure a section of one of these parking buildings just for the show cars that are registered for the show? Just a thought.

Also, if we do “crash” the car show next year with hearses are you going to turn away those that might be a bit newer than ’66?

I completely agree. I wish all “car shows” would be about hanging out with the cars and the owners instead of feeding egos with meaningless judging and $5 trophies.
                              Just thought i'd add my two cents. I agree that if dead ends were to come up for this event - we would want to have safe parking. it is difficult enough to park a 21-foot car in an urban environment even without soccer moms.

Also, i don't think anyone in dead ends except LMS, and rick from kentucky has a hearse older than 66.

i don't really think judging and trophies are ever meaningless - unless perhaps you are choosing between 20 55 - 57 chevys and another 20 camaros. but i also agree that the real reason to go to a show is just to hang out and have a good time.

Comment

Working...
                              X